advice on bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scupa pro, as mentioned previously have excellent customer service, or I have found, but that can depend on who your rep is! As for Seac Sub, from personal experience I have had a seac sub pro lady BCD for 9 years now and loved it. It is my back up BCD right now as I have been using a Oceanic Hera. The brand is great, just more prominent in Europe and the UK as It is an italian based company I believe (don't quote me on that). As everyone mentioned, if you want something, stick at it as your LDS if they offer good service I'm sure can get what you want in, in a reasonable time!

Wait! Buy the gear that you want! I've never heard of SeacSub....that's not an indictment, simply an observation. Scubapro is well known with a proven track record. I'd wait for the Scubapro or find in somewhere else.

since you havent heard of SeacSub doesnt mean they arnt well known. typical gear changes per region. In europe SeacSub, Beuchat, cressi and Mares are all very popular and trusted. Here in the US typical gear is Oceanic, Aqualung, Scuba Pro, and a few others. there are other Companies that are also good (Hog, Dive Rite,...) just make sure you have parts availibility in your area and someone that knows how to service it.

since you havent heard of SeacSub doesnt mean they arnt well known.

Actually that is exactly what it means.

They may be the greatest but it's not known to the rest of the world unlike the other brands you mentioned.

Thank you for all your replies.
I will not get my self a seac sub. i just spoke to a friend that had one and after 3 dives with it the soft padding on the
interior
started to come apart. He also was so rudely spoken to at the shop that he doesn't go there anymore which is a pity since
they also represent scuba pro. So now he dives with aqua lung. The guy at the shop was bordering rude to me too while i
was looking at the different BCDS. I wish i had other shops selling scuba pro here but there is only one i think. i will
research further and wait till i can get a good bcd from scubapro.

Thanks again everyone!

Thank you for all your replies.
I will not get my self a seac sub. i just spoke to a friend that had one and after 3 dives with it the soft padding on the
interior
started to come apart. He also was so rudely spoken to at the shop that he doesn't go there anymore which is a pity since
they also represent scuba pro. So now he dives with aqua lung. The guy at the shop was bordering rude to me too while i
was looking at the different BCDS. I wish i had other shops selling scuba pro here but there is only one i think. i will
research further and wait till i can get a good bcd from scubapro.

Thanks again everyone!

This ScubaPro Classic Sport is discontinued, so it is offered cheaply. Even at list price ($500), it would be my choice for a vest-style BC. It is advertised at $325, but it was privately offered to me at $200. If I hadn't already paid $275 (+$70 shipping to HK) I would have snapped it up. Email LeisurePro with a $200 bid and they will probably agree to it.

So your that well versed in scuba equipment that you know a majority of the brands found through the world and the fact seac sub has been around probably longer than most........that sounds somewhat arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom