Advice on Neptune BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WadeH

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One of our local dive shops here in Townsville is offering Neptune N900R BCD's for $299. It seems very good value.
Has anyone used these or have an opinion of them.
I'm in the market for a new BCD after years of faithful service by my MARE.

I am not familiar with the particular wetsuit altho we have had several neptune suits over the years. The thing I would suggest you check is the seams. The surf wetsuits have stitched seams that allow water to flow through them more. Scuba suits must have glued seams so they have less loss of water from around the body and therefor less loss of heat.

I've used one once - ironically enough with the dive shop advertising this special (yes, I saw it on FB too :)). I don't like the rear inflation BCD style. That is a personal preference. I would get the N900 (standard inflation setup) but not the N900R (rear inflation setup). Just be careful with the dive shop in question - they've stuffed me around more than once.

Got it in one :) I find it annoying.

But bear in mind that I'm female, and I find most unisex bcd's annoying because they never fit properly.

Never head of that brand, sorry.

Oops.. :blush: sorry misread that, never heard of that BCD :doh: so I jumped to conclusions

Back
Top Bottom