Advice on Ocean Images?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WrightOn

New
Reaction score
I have never bought an underwater housing, and I am looking at getting one from Ocean Images. I have searched all the forums, and see that they are mentioned often, but there are no real discussions about them as a manufacturer. Does anyone have any positive support or negative warnings about going with them? FWIW, I am looking to buy the housing for the new Sony HDR-HC5 (or 7, haven't decided for sure). Thanks.

WrightOn,
I recently have done and am doing some business with them. The customer service is second to none. You will not be disappointed in the product or their service.

Dave

I used to have one for an older Sony and they did a great job. No problem with it at all. Mark ...........Welcome to the board..................

I have been using Ocean images housings and lights for 5 yrs now and I love them!
scubadrewatwork1.JPG

I have the Viewcam housing (Used with Sharp SD20 digital viewcam), the Dolphin Pro housing (used with a Sony TRV-950) and the HC3 housing....used with a Sony HC3 HDV cam....as seen above.
I use the RB-75 lights as well.
First of all, the service is EXCELLENT. Mike & Keith and the rest of the staff are professional, friendly and very knowlegable in the field. If you contact the shop, you will undoubtedly speak to one of them on technical issues.
Second, the product is GREAT! The housings are easy to use, maintain and are very durable. I dive almost everyday from boats and shore with these housings and often need to tend to my divers, therefore letting the housing dangle from my BC. The small size (when compared to the Gates models) and weight make it easy to have the camera as a dive accessory as opposed to a burdon.
The light system is great because it is easy to remove from the system while diving, allowing for the use of indirect lighting, and the flex arms allow for easy specific lighting adjustments on the fly.
I could go on and on but I will stop here. I hope this helps.
To see some of my work, click on the link below to my website!

I have a Dolphin Pro and like it. Right now I am using a Sony HC1000. If I had to complain I would say that the lack of third party equipment is lacking. OI makes about all you need but if they don't have what you want then you will be making it, like I did.
Fore warning, you ARE going to spend a lot of money. There is no way around it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom