Advice Requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the help to everyone who posted in the thread. It's been a ride the last couple of weeks putting everything together. Our Globus tour of Egypt is of course a NO GO. We did rebook a Spain/Portugal/Morocco trip that ends in Madrid on the 12th of May. I have a new flight to Sharm El Sheikh from Madrid via Cairo. The people at Oonas Dive Club are taking care of my pre and post liveaboard accomodations plus airport transfers.....VERY REASONABLE PRICES. I also have some dives planned to knock of the cobwebs. Thank you to 'Nick' at Oonas for making it really simple to arrange.

FYI - Alitalia airlines have turned out to be jerks. Even after Globus cancelled the Egypt tour they have refused change our flights. We wanted to keep the same Toronto to Rome leg and just change the second to go to Madrid instead of Cairo. THEY REFUSED. They wouldn't even let us pay the $200 fee (each) to change because they claim it is now a 'new' booking because the final destination has changed. We had make new bookings with a different airline to Madrid. Looks like I am out $2,120 (my wife and I combined).
I will never book with ALITALIA again.

Never flown Alitalia, and never will from experiences by friends and ex-collegues.

Fantastic Trip

IMG_7849.jpgIMG_7901.jpg

I stayed at Oonas for three nights before boarding Whirlwind. I did 6 dives with the gang at Oonas and 22 dives on the liveaboard. It was a great group of mostly experienced divers. The crew and DMs (D & Yasser) were professional and yet didn't let the professionalism get in the way of having fun. I must admit that the number of dives left me exhausted most days but it was a 'nice' tired feeling. Afternoon naps on the sun deck were a daily routine.

The tour was called 'Wrecks & Reefs' and included 3 dives on the Thistlegorm. There was only one other boat on the wreck and we weren't in the water at the same time. FANTASTIC - it was the highlight of the trip for me. I've attached some photos taken by one the other divers. I couldn't get the particulate out of the flash area whereas he had an extended arm on his flash.

IMG_7830.jpgIMG_7837.jpgIMG_7865.jpg

I don't know if I'll ever get back but I hope to.

The Thistlegorm is the best wreck dive I have done anywhere. Glad you enjoyed it!

I like penetrating the Gennis D in Abu Nuhas. its amazing. Thistlegorm WAS magnificent, it need to be more organized to save it from the crowds and beginners from destroying it.

Back
Top Bottom