Aeris 5 Oceans weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ptn72

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I lost the weight pockets of my Aeris 5 Oceans BCD. I've been looking all over internet and local but can't find any place that sells them. If you know a place that carries these weight pockets, let me know. Thank you in advance.

There is probably a common component from a current or past Oceanic BCD. But same mechanism does not necessarily mean it will fit, I think there is a variance of the actual pocket by model and size.

I may have a couple of options, will check and get back to you later.

Man oh man, this is your lucky day. Not only did I still have on old Aeris spreadsheet with a full item list, but it includes a clear description of the part you need. And... it is the one odd spare set of weight pockets I have here, still in the bag, so I know the part number is correct.
PART NO. DESCRIPTION
40-1224 QLR Wt Pkt, Contour, LX, 5 Oceans, PAIR

I will PM you.

Just for anyone's information that may be looking for replacement pockets for an Aeris 5 Oceans BCD, the Oceanic QLR 2 pockets are the same thing. I had recently lost a pocket in a local quarry and found the Oceanic pockets at Divers Supply. In comparing the photo with my remaining pocket, I decided to take a chance ond ordered a pair. They are the same and fit perfectly. After ordering them, I did find my lost pocket. Since both my wife and I use the 5 Oceans, we now have a spare set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom