Aeris Accel vs Mares Power Plana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I almost bought a pair in part based on a previous "discussion" we had but after discussing it with Leisure Pro they advised that even regular would likely be too big given Large jets are too small and XL jets too big for my santi medium flex sold boots. Might have to see if a Tokyo dealer can get a pair in for me to try. Problem is over here they won't order unless you're going to buy. I have some Avanti Quattro + fins in small which fit my santi boots. The Santis also fit medium DR EXP XT fins.

you and and I have the same size feet. I also use the medium in the DR EXP fins with my whites drysuit. I tried on the power Planas size reg with my Henderson Aqualock boots and although a tiny bit wide, they felt fine. I am certain they will work well with my drysuit boots.

you and and I have the same size feet. I also use the medium in the DR EXP fins with my whites drysuit. I tried on the power Planas size reg with my Henderson Aqualock boots and although a tiny bit wide, they felt fine. I am certain they will work well with my drysuit boots.

Cool, I'm going to head to Tokyo over the next few weeks and try them on with my drysuit, fingers crossed although from your post it looks like they might just work. Thanks for the info. I'll post back once I've tried them. Cheers.

Hi buddhasummer, have yountried the power plana? What's your review?

Been using them for two DS seasons so far. I really like them, in fact they are probably the only fins at present that I would not sell. Mares came out with a small size which fit me like a glove wearing a Medium Flex Sole Santi DS boot. The blade surface is considerably larger than a Large sized Jet, I posted in another thread a side by side photo. The foot pocket is very comfortable. They are moderately heavy but lighter than an F1. I'd guess from memory similar to a Jet. They are powerful and I can do all kicks in them. They are not quite as stiff as Jets. Bonus, I recently bought some size 7US 4th Element Palagic and Amphibian boots which now allow me to wear the Power Planas diving wet too. I, 100% wholeheartedly recommend them and would without hesitation go and buy another pair if I lost them. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Been using them for two DS seasons so far. I really like them, in fact they are probably the only fins at present that I would not sell. Mares came out with a small size which fit me like a glove wearing a Medium Flex Sole Santi DS boot. The blade surface is considerably larger than a Large sized Jet, I posted in another thread a side by side photo. The foot pocket is very comfortable. They are moderately heavy but lighter than an F1. I'd guess from memory similar to a Jet. They are powerful and I can do all kicks in them. They are not quite as stiff as Jets. Bonus, I recently bought some size 7US 4th Element Palagic and Amphibian boots which now allow me to wear the Power Planas diving wet too. I, 100% wholeheartedly recommend them and would without hesitation go and buy another pair if I lost them. Hope this helps.

I checked with an LDS. It's priced very reasonable. Ard USD75.

But I'd like to know, based on your experience. How does it perform dealing with current compare to Scubapro Jet Fin and OMS Slipstream?

BTW, I only dive wetsuit. It's tropical at my country all year round.

Last edited:
I've never used the OMS so can't really say. As I said above the small PP has a larger blade surface and is longer than a Large sized Jet so I found the PP to be much better in a current. With PP you can flutter kick, takes a little effort, but as less stiff than a Jet it is easier. I really dislike Jets, for me there is no comparison, I prefer the PP in almost every aspect. The only thing I prefer on a Jet is the spring strap as compared with the PPs rubber/bungee strap and only because I'm obsessed with having as robust as is possible dive gear. Having said that I have the Mares rubber/bungee straps on four pairs of fins and have not encountered an issue to date, but unlike the more robust spring straps I know the Mares will at some stage break. Spring straps can be fitted to the PP but I don't like the attachment method/buckles as they cut into the posts, there maybe a better third party option available but I haven't felt the need thus far to investigate.

I've never used the OMS so can't really say. As I said above the small PP has a larger blade surface and is longer than a Large sized Jet so I found the PP to be much better in a current. With PP you can flutter kick, takes a little effort, but as less stiff than a Jet it is easier. I really dislike Jets, for me there is no comparison, I prefer the PP in almost every aspect. The only thing I prefer on a Jet is the spring strap as compared with the PPs rubber/bungee strap and only because I'm obsessed with having as robust as is possible dive gear. Having said that I have the Mares rubber/bungee straps on four pairs of fins and have not encountered an issue to date, but unlike the more robust spring straps I know the Mares will at some stage break. Spring straps can be fitted to the PP but I don't like the attachment method/buckles as they cut into the posts, there maybe a better third party option available but I haven't felt the need thus far to investigate.

$75 is a very nice price, I paid almost $190 USD here in Japan. At $75 I'd buy two pairs.

Thanks buddhasummer for being as helpful as always

Back
Top Bottom