For Sale Aeris Contour Bcd - Good Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubidu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am selling my about 50 dives old Contour Aeris (wo)men's BC. The reason I say it like this is, because the manufacturer sold it as woman's BC however I am a guy and wear it, too. It just happened to be the best fitting BC when I bought it and even after a few years diving I have to say it is probably the most comfortable BC I ever had. It's padded everywhere and there is nothing that feels uncomfortable even if you wear a 120 cubic foot tank on your back and carry other toys as well.

The BC has 34 lbs of lift and my most equipped dive (in a 5mm suit) I did was with a 80 cf tank on the back and a 30 cf pony on my side.

I traveled with this BC and it packs fairly compact. I mean it's still a BC and will take up space in your bag, but I have seen BC's much bigger and heavier than that.

The BC is size M. (Women's M I guess). I attached pictures of me wearing the BC as a reference. I am 5'11" and weigh 190lbs. As you can see it is a little too small for me now. It's still comfortable, but I feel I need a size up. I would assume the jacket is ideal for someone 5'4-5'10 and somewhere in the 100-150 lbs range. But look at the pictures I attached and judge the BC yourself (and not me in the picture :p ).

Other things to know about the BC: It comes with two pre-punched knife holes by the manufacturer where you can safely attach a BC knife. It has 4 high force stainless steel D rings (2 on the shoulders and 2 around the waist). The two weight pockets in the front will never fall out and hold about 10 lbs per pocket if desired. The jacket also has 2 weight pockets in the back around the tank strap that can hold 5 lbs each. It has two great sized pockets and one additional retractor pocket on the lower left side. The big velcro strap around the waist is in excellent condition and free from dirt. It holds really well and is not worn out like most other straps from used BCs. The BC in general is free from dirt and has NO decoloration which BC's get over the years and over the dives. Especially from salt and chlorine water. The only wear on the BC is at the tank buckle, the weight pocket clips and some of the steel holes. Those are absolutely no safety issues just wear and tear from diving. I attached photos of everything, so you know exactly what you get. It has two dump valves (1 shoulder, 1 back) which work fine. I also tested the BC in our dive shop to see if it holds air properly and functions well and it does all of the above.

I always take care of my equipment and that includes washing the BC (inside the bladder) with fresh water after every dive.
The only reason why I am selling this BC is because I outgrew it and I am getting more into Tech Diving which requires different gear.
Also I include 1 free hose clip and an awesome free octo holder. One that actually works well and NOT a stupid octo ball!

Down below you will see a copy paste from scubadiving.com that did a review of the Aeris Contour together with the Oceanic Hera, because they are so similar.

"FeaturesThe Contour and Hera are twin sisters that share some sweet DNA. Designed for women from the ground up, they are built around a hybrid air cell and a patented Custom Fit Harness that lets you vary the shoulder strap length to match a woman's torso. A two-position sternum strap and adjustable depth-compensatingcummerbundcinches the BC down snug, fine-tuning the fit. The bottom edge of the air cell is cut with slight indents, and the back padding is thick and extends around the front to cushion the torso from the weight pouches. Each BC is equipped with the QLR (Quick Lock Release) integrated-weight system that uses mechanical latches backed up by Velcro for added security. The weight sleeves are angled slightly--the opening is slightly higher than the back--making the pouches easy to load. Both BCs come with a low-profile power inflator, six stainless-steel D-rings, a pair of zippered pockets and mounting grommets for a knife and retractor. The only difference between the Contour and the Hera is the stylish embroidery and nylon that Oceanic uses.

Performance Both BCs allowed our test divers to be in complete control of their dives, from giant stride to final ascent. Molded carry handles and tank-positioning straps made assembly a snap. The variety of adjustment choices in the shoulders, chest and waist enabled divers to get snug and comfy before hitting the water. Both BCs provided a good swimming attitude and were extremely stable. Test divers found the inflate/deflate buttons to be sized just right for smaller hands, and the pull dump exhaust vented air rapidly for nice ascent control. But weight loading proved to be a problem for most of our divers, at least at first, due to the sticky backup Velcro and narrow weight pouch sleeves. However, by the second day of testing, virtually all divers got the hang of the process (you need to slide the pouch all the way in and secure the Velcro before inserting the buckle). On the flip side, the Velcro backup gave divers a warm and fuzzy feeling because they knew they'd never lose their weights unexpectedly. Bonus: these are the only BCs in this review that registered zero inherent buoyancy.

MSRP: $539.95."

The BC was quite expensive. I'm asking $190. (+3% Paypal Fee)

Last but not least. I will ship anywhere within the lower 48 States (US only!) with FedEx. Shipping is going to be $24,90 and I will ship within 2 business days after I received full payment. Paypal or cash only!

s-l500.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg s-l500 (2).jpg s-l500 (4).jpg s-l500 (5).jpg s-l500 (6).jpg s-l500 (7).jpg s-l500 (8).jpg s-l500 (9).jpg

Attachments

• s-l500 (3).jpg
    s-l500 (3).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 162
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom