Aeris Manta LOW BAT Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, that does indeed help. I wrote to Aeris about their recommended specs/brand, but I never received a reply.
Not sure if I had a battery problem or something more severe, I sent mine back to the retailer, who has forwarded it on to the Aeris for their inspection. I'm being told 6 weeks, and we have a trip to Bonaire planned in 5 :(. Oh well...

I wonder where the Aeris rep who is supposed to be monitoring this forum is? No comment at all from Aeris?

They don't have anything to say because they know the Manta is a POS. I'm so tired of this thing. I have four older computers and this is the only one I've ever had to dork around with every time I go diving. It happened again this last weekend. LOW BATT....... I ignored it and it finally went away. Luckily it wasn't during a dive and didn't reset all my info again. I'm completely done with Aeris. Last product I'll ever buy from them. Told the wife she has to buy new fins (currently has Aeris) because I don't want to be seen with anything that says AERIS!!!

Hey jvevil...did you try the Sony or Panasonic battery? Everyone who has tried this fix says it works. I put a Sony in mine a few months back and haven't had a problem with it since. Just got back from a dive trip to the BVIs...again no problem. As for Aeris, I've never had a problem with my Elite T3 either so I'm not sure what's up your a** regarding them.

I just was wondering why the Aeris rep doesn't just come on the forum and say "hey guys, the factory recommends either the Sony or Panasonic battery so try that!"

I just was wondering why the Aeris rep doesn't just come on the forum and say "hey guys, the factory recommends either the Sony or Panasonic battery so try that!"

Agreed. Since no reply to my contact through their website, I may need to dust off Ma Bell and check that way. We have another Manta in the house, and I'd like to be prepared with the appropriate battery when it goes toes up. Or- and this is a more extreme but definitely under consideration- we may just sell off our pair of Mantas and go with something less flaky and better supported.

It's not (only) a battery problem. You can search for this issue with the Geo, Manta, the freedive watch - that's where I learned about the hardware fix, a free dive forum after the new Aeris freedive watch came out with the same issue. Ask for the hardware fix. I had my Manta fixed about 6 months ago and so far so good. Quality batteries (Sony, Panasonic) were no better in mine than the generics.

Hardware, or firmware? To the best of my knowledge, I have the latest hardware (2nd gen, I believe). However, there may very well be multiple versions of the firmware. Which are you running?

From what I read, and was told by Aeris, the fix was a hardware fix. Why they apparently didn't incorporate it into manufacturing for a long time, I can't say. I believe I recall they told me that it was now incorporated into the product, but I'm not sure of that, or since how long. I also don't know whether that change has anything to do with the generations - if I recall, the 2nd gen came out a couple of years ago and was mostly or wholly cosmetic. That would be before any fix so far as I know. Mine is the 2nd gen look, but it was made ~ 3 yrs ago.

I've gone through 6 Geo/Manta's they all have had the same issues.
Same goes for the Epic DC i have... As far as i'm concerned their watch sized computers are pieces of **** :/

I've gone through 6 Geo/Manta's they all have had the same issues.
Same goes for the Epic DC i have... As far as i'm concerned their watch sized computers are pieces of **** :/
6!! :shocked2:

You've earned your opinion in spades!!

I'm curious if you have had any of them 'fixed', or were they just swapped out? What's been your experience with the fixed units?

Back
Top Bottom