Afternoon 1 tank dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it is about time. most of the dive ops in coz really shy away from afternoon dives. Probably driven by logistics and $'s......

Hmmm really? Actually most offer afternoon dives if there is a demand for them.

Hmmm really? Actually most offer afternoon dives if there is a demand for them.

While many operators offer 2 tank afternoon dives, for many divers after a two tank dive in the morning it is a bit much to do another 2 tank set Face it with Cozumel warm water drift diving this could be pushing 5 hours of bottom time (that’s with 80’s, with 120’s it would be more like 6 hours+), I will do it occasionally but after a couple days back to back my butt is dragging. What intrigues me and others is to have access to a relatively cheap leisurely afternoon dive, after a morning dive that operates on a pretty much daily basis. Few operators, logistically are, IMO are positioned to do this on a daily basis.
By the way last week I saw a couple of pretty brand new Yamaha 115’s sitting on a factory rack at the boat yard, they should look very nice on the back of the Bandida II.

Dear Christi,

If diving with Aldora we will go out if it is only 1 diver. From other shops it will take 2 divers and that is a pretty low threshold!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

While many operators offer 2 tank afternoon dives, for many divers after a two tank dive in the morning it is a bit much to do another 2 tank set Face it with Cozumel warm water drift diving this could be pushing 5 hours of bottom time (that’s with 80’s, with 120’s it would be more like 6 hours+), I will do it occasionally but after a couple days back to back my butt is dragging. What intrigues me and others is to have access to a relatively cheap leisurely afternoon dive, after a morning dive that operates on a pretty much daily basis. Few operators, logistically are, IMO are positioned to do this on a daily basis.
By the way last week I saw a couple of pretty brand new Yamaha 115’s sitting on a factory rack at the boat yard, they should look very nice on the back of the Bandida II.

We often do three tank dives - logistics permitting :)

Yes - they are being installed as I type this and the logo/graphics are being painted on tomorrow - she is getting a complete face lift :) Her new maiden voyage should be Thursday - God willing :) We are a couple of weeks behind because of all the rain this month - but getting it done right is worth the wait :)

Dear Christi,

If diving with Aldora we will go out if it is only 1 diver. From other shops it will take 2 divers and that is a pretty low threshold!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

And that is what is important to me making dive plans. I ended up changing dive ops my first visit to Cozmel because the first op said they would do a afternoon dive only if there are a minimum of 4 divers interested. Why would I take a chance making my vacation dive plans on whether or not a dive op can find customers to go with me on a moment notice? No thanks, rather make plans with a op that for sure can get me out in the waster when I want to. Thanks Dave

Dave, we are set with you guys in November. If my son is up for it, can we just add on an afternoon dive once we are down there?

Fascinating! My family is usually done after the morning 2 tankers (we dive with Scuba Tony), but I am almost always ready for more. This is a very interesting opportunity. I think you will have a new customer come December. Have always heard good things about you and this seems a great way to check things out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom