afternoon boat dives in coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaml

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
i've searched this forum for this topic everywhich way and can't find out anything; so - i'll ask: are there any ops that routinely run afternoon boat dives? i assume that any dive op would consider this if they could fill the boat (talking about 6 divers); we are willing to pay a premium as well; thanks; i plan to ask my favorite DM there but just in case thought i'd ask; thanks

i've searched this forum for this topic everywhich way and can't find out anything; so - i'll ask: are there any ops that routinely run afternoon boat dives? i assume that any dive op would consider this if they could fill the boat (talking about 6 divers); we are willing to pay a premium as well; thanks; i plan to ask my favorite DM there but just in case thought i'd ask; thanks
Plenty of dive ops run afternoon dives if enough folks want to go out. Blue Angel, for one. Generally they will want a quorum of divers signed up before they will commit, though, not like the morning dives.

Yup, afternoon dives are readily available.

Another nice option is the "twilight dive". Go out late afternoon and dive while the sun sets. You get to watch the reef transform from day mode to night mode!

Blue Angels requires three divers to make the afternoon/night trip. We were always able to find an extra to go with us (usually two or three) to make the trip a go! They ran it either as a two tank afternoon, a two tank twilight/night or a one tank night. Choice of sites was by diver consensus, but we always tried to be kind and not ask for Columbia or anything further.

I have heard from other divers (specifically ones from last year that were on a group trip) that Dive Paradise did a one tank every afternoon - but it was always to a shallow close reef (Paradise or Chankab).

Aldora goes in the afternoon on a pretty routine basis. They used to call it "Aldora lite" and kept a a small Panga, right out in front of Villa Aldora. The Panga is normally on the on the east side. From Villa Aldora to the northern sites is a 5 minute boat ride. When we were there in March we had enough people and we just took a normal six pack boat up for a wonderful Kaleidoscope of color dive on San Juan reef one afternoon. Aldora also does charters for private outings as well.

Blue Magic, Bottom Time, Buena Ventura, Opal's Dream, Deep Blue, Dive With Martin, Papa Hogs. I'm sure there are more.

Summation: You will not have any trouble scheduling afternoon dives on Cozumel. If the op you are diving with isn't going out, they can and will refer you to someone who is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom