AGA/Divator 2nd Stage: Mouthpiece adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent tip... I am jotting this down mentally, as vicarious learning is always less painful than the alternative!

Berserker:
Hello all,
I just received a used AGA, and I am still guessing. I have used them before just never set-up my own. Anyway my question. I noticed the hose is marked LP so does that mean it should be set to an LP port on my 1st stage? I have never heard of powering a primary off LP and maybe I am just an idiot.

I wouldn't use the term idiot... how about "a confused indvidual"? The whole point of a first stage regulator is to supply low pressure (LP), aka. intermediate pressure (IP) to the diver's second stage. LP ports, of which I bet your first stage has at least four, are used for such handy devices as: a primary second stage, safe second stage (octopus), BC inflator hose, drysuit inflator hose. The two ports on your first stage marked "HP" are where you want to hook up your submersible pressure guage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom