Aggressor or Peter Hughes? Which is better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why did you end up choosing Belize Aggressor over PH??

I had read "No Safe Harbor", but didn't know PH had been sold. As far as I know, Aggressor is the only other high end boat in Belize now and so I booked with them.

Thanks to you and Damselfish for the great info and comparison. I'm really looking forward to Feb. Where I normally dive in the St. Lawrence/Lake Ontario, a dive charter is considered high end if there is a working head onboard and the captain hands you a hot dog after you zip out of your dry suit. Hot towels and a shoulder rub would seem too over the top though.

Last edited:
Sorry, you'll probably have to suffer with hot towels on the Aggressor too - they're just less likely to come wrap them around you.

There are a couple of Aggressor Trip reports at our website, Fiji, Hawaii, and Belize. We like the boats we have been on and the crews have been excellent.

To be honest, I live in Honolulu, Hawaii and since the airfare is pretty cheap to Kona from where I'm at I'll probably make the Kona Aggressor my first trip. However, my second one (possibly my first) will probably be Belize - and based on availability I'll probably do PH or Aggressor - as you all have stated either one would make for a great trip. I am guessing that since I am a dive-aholic while on a tropical vacation - once I do my first liveaboard I'll probably never go back to a land based resort no matter how convenient :)

Most of the places I want to travel have an aggressor vessel present and maybe a peter hughes - Palau, Turks and Caicos, Belize, Kona, Cocos Island, Cayman Islands - that's my 7-10 year goal right there :)

mjh,

I checked out your profile and your website - I have to admit I am impressed! You and your wife are truly living the dream life - your photos have come out excellent....do you work for Sport Diver magazine?

To be honest, I live in Honolulu, Hawaii and since the airfare is pretty cheap to Kona from where I'm at I'll probably make the Kona Aggressor my first trip. However, my second one (possibly my first) will probably be Belize - and based on availability I'll probably do PH or Aggressor - as you all have stated either one would make for a great trip. I am guessing that since I am a dive-aholic while on a tropical vacation - once I do my first liveaboard I'll probably never go back to a land based resort no matter how convenient :)

Most of the places I want to travel have an aggressor vessel present and maybe a peter hughes - Palau, Turks and Caicos, Belize, Kona, Cocos Island, Cayman Islands - that's my 7-10 year goal right there :)

Don't forget Truk (Chuuk), it's not to be missed and easy for you to get to. And for Cocos, the reviews from the Undersea Hunter boats seem better. The PH/Aggressor boats will serve you well in the remainder of those locations. :)

ewaia, thanks for the kind words. We are taking a few years to get out there while the joints are still all working. The whole photography thing is a hobby that has gotten a little out of hand.

In Belize it wouldn't matter as they are both good boats and do basically the same itinerary at the same cost. The big question in my mind is if and when, in todays economy, are they going to adjust the prices. Aggressor for example eliminated the fuel surcharge this year by rolling it into the charter fare. I know this had been planned for a while but fuel prices have dropped dramatically in the past months. I am planning a trip on the Belize Aggressor in May but haven't booked as of yet thinking (hoping) the cost will be reduced. Probably wishful thinking but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom