Aggressor or Peter Hughes? Which is better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They both have a Holiday special on their home pages. One expires by Christmas, one goes until end of January. Was in Belize earlier this month and the fuel their has not come down like it has here in the US.

Most caribbean islands/nations are always higher.

Peter Hughes sold all his boats last year although they are all still run under that company name. I think the Aggressor company bought them all and kept Peter on as a consultant. So technically, they are all Aggressor boats now.

This is the first I've heard of this.... maybe I've missed it.

I can't see Agressor operating boats under "another name", much less under a name that would cause people not to book with them.

Where did you see this?

I did a google search trying to find info on it and couldn't find anything. (but things are easy to miss in search engines based on key words).

Aggressor didn't buy PH. Someone bought Aggressor a while back, and has now also bought PH.

The original rumor I heard like last spring was that Aggressor was buying PH - as many rumors go it had a grain of truth but wasn't quite accurate.

Aggressor didn't buy PH. Someone bought Aggressor a while back, and has now also bought PH.

The original rumor I heard like last spring was that Aggressor was buying PH - as many rumors go it had a grain of truth but wasn't quite accurate.

Interesting..... good to know about both.

Regardless, to the original poster and others reading, I think that most of the boats that are part of both the Agressor and the Peter Hughes fleets are independently owned/operated and are essentially a "franchise" of the mother company corporation. The mother company provides marketing and reservations and takes a cut of the profits of course. (which is to be expected).

see if you can find a divers chapbook for travel it will have some info in it for everything. nothing is 100% so you will always have the good and bad like everyone says it's 50/50 what works for you will be something "not" for the other person

:blinking:Thanks for all of the useful info everyone! I can't wait to try both boats, I have a two year plan that involves Mike Ball's Spoil Sport in Australia, Kona Aggressor, Palau Aggressor, and Star Dancer, Papua New Guinea. Not sure yet exactly what order, but I'll be making my first liveaboard trip somewhere in the South Pacific - probably diving as a single since my spouse and friends are either not divers or not die-hard divers.

Thanks all! Any additional opinions by all means let me know :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom