"Air Buddy" alternate air source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second Nemrod's sentiments. I had one for about 5 years until it gave up the ghost on my last trip. I actually had mine integrated inline with my power inflation in addition to a separate octopus. It came with my BCD when I purchased it and I figured it couldn't hurt. It does work quite well for filling safety sausaged, SMDs, etc; takes up almost no space; and with a little practice if pretty easy to use U/W. It is a "positive" flow device that takes a bit of getting used to when breathing U/W but no problem once you get the hang of it. I would have never tried to pass it off to someone else but I wouldn't have hesitated to use it myself to get me to the surface.

I just bought the one that mounts on your power inflator. There is a learning curve to it, but it works great, I surfaced my last two dives and did my safety stop on it with no problem. Bye bye octopus@!!!!!!

I have run into a few operators who refuse to accept it as an octapus, the same sorts who told me about 1980 what we now call wings were dangerous and would not allow me to use them, the same sorts that freak out and spase when I pop my mask up. Some will never learn that their limitaions do not include me or perhaps you.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom