Corrugated hoses round vs oval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phgachoud

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Didnt find a dedicated topic yet. What are your thoughts about round vs oval Corrugated hoses?

Pros and cons, just wondering so far why not using all the time a round one, so far my understanding is bigger diameter, less resistance to the air passing through. Seems like the round ones are cheaper? not sure about all that...

Note that my picture is on a sidemount wing, but am also wondering for other DIR rigs, even recreational to extend the topic! am used to oval and did never find an inconvenient... yet...?
Corrugated hoses.jpeg

hmm, good questions. I have used both, but never gave much thought. One observation here, the thicker (oval?) here is actually corrugate-able, meaning you can pull and it will elongate a bit. The rounded thinner one (round?), I don't think this actually corrugate-able at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom