aircraft underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacksonville to Daytona has quite a few planes from A6,A7,F4 and quite a few WWIIand later natural wrecks.

I was going to mention the Grumman at Gilboa, but somebody already beat me to it!! ;-0

I've also dived an old Army helo in a quarry outside Peebles Ohio called Plum Run. They've since now closed, but the helo is still there.....

hmmm.....a sneak dive.

divermasterB once bubbled...

Dive there about every other weekend.

I'll be there Aug. 23-24.

For a nice dive find the school bus at Dutch Springs and on the hood of the bus do a 180 degree compass shot at 40 feet. After 4-5 minutes, you should be bumping into the Sikorsky helicopter. This is a rather large bird and you can explore it safely inside and out. Only the main rotor was removed. The tail rotor is still intact.

MgicTwnger once bubbled...

I'll be there Aug. 23-24.

I am in the process of recruiting someone to go with me this weekend. 8/16-17.

I will be back down ther (on schedule) the 29,30, 31.

Dived a few Zero's in both Palau and Truk, also a twin enginened Betty Bomber in Truk. Realy wierd both engines seperated when the plane hit the water and and are about 50m in front of the plane still same distance apart they would have been on the plane.
Also a Judy torpedo bomber in PNG, would like to go back to PNG to do the Black Jack B17 in Milne bay area, it still pretty intact

rscalzo once bubbled...
Dutch Spring (Nazareth,PA) has a old Cessna 172 in about 20-25 feet.

yeah and they have a huge sikorsky cargo chopper suspended about 50' down in about 70' feet of water so it's like it is still flying just submerged, very fun very cool.

I dive this place most weekends, it's a divers amusment park, great people very well run, check it out

http://dutchsprings.com/

Back
Top Bottom