Akumal Cenotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had Rogelio as a guide for caves for three days. Recommend him highly. He is very safety aware and dives conservatively.

Boydski,
Nice report and photos.
Enjoy,
Larry

JerseyWreckDvr once bubbled...
Great pics. What was your camera setup?

Actually, those were my first pictures with a new camera and housing. I traded up from an Olympus 3030 in a Tetra Housing to a Nikon D100 in a Light & Motion Titan D100 housing. I was quite pleased with the results using a Nikon 16mm fisheye lens, but I was laughing through my regulator a lot as I was taking pictures, because I was having trouble finding the camera controls on the new housing in the Dark!

The Dos Ojos pictures were taken with a single strobe ( my Nikonos SB-105 failed ) and the others were taken with 2 strobes. The white walls helped a lot.

daylight once bubbled...
I had Rogelio as a guide for caves for three days. Recommend him highly. He is very safety aware and dives conservatively.

Boydski,
Nice report and photos.
Enjoy,
Larry

Was that on 11/14 - 11/16 by chance? Rogelio did our cavern course on 11/9 - 11/12 and then spent 3 days as a Cave guide over the weekend before returning and taking us on a tour of Taj Mahal. I think he said the guy he was diving with was from Houston?

boydski once bubbled...

If you are driving yourself, I should warn you that the road to Dos Ojos is about 20 Km long, and is really, really bad. Take your time driving and be glad that it's a rental car ( we used big vans ) and not your car! :)

Thanks for the driving tips!

My buddy is driving and he drives like a mexican!:)

boydski,
I must confess it was I. We had three great days in the caves. I did some additional caves with an individual from NC who happened along. One of these days, I'm going to just decide to stay down there and become a cave bum.
Larry

Great pictures!

The road from the highway to Dos Oyos is only about 6kms, though it feels like 20kms :) They have actualy fixed it up this year.

I'd hate to have seen it before! hehe

I learned one very valuable lesson. A dodge neon is not a great rental car for Cenotes diving.

I'm just glad the rental place doesn't look UNDER the car on the return inspection.

deluca2799:
Thanks for the driving tips!

My buddy is driving and he drives like a mexican!:)

Yeah, ya better really hope that's not your car! :D

Actually, give me good "Fo'ba'fo" and let me at that road. That sounds like fun!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom