AL40 for redundancy diving single tank on deeper dives.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I first started diving side mount in caves, I noticed that my hose would sometimes start to snag on outcroppings. I would feel the pressure build on that side, and quickly react to prevent it.

That is what I consider hung up - you felt pressure... and yet you said - "I've never had a snag on my stages. Ever." - that is all I wanted to point out...

:) Peace and have a safe holiday...

that is all I wanted to point out...
Those weren't stages, either and that incident was probably ten years ago. I'm not sure what the big problem is. I'm not running for office so there's no need to make me out to be a liar. I don't understand the need to force me to lie so that I will fit into your preconception about people who dive stages. It reminds my of my ex. I was a mechanic for thirty years, but had been out of it for a half dozen or so when my son's Cadillac started having issues. I was in the middle of other projects, so I sent it to a friend to diagnose and fix. The ex called to find out what the problem was. When I explained I didn't know, she, like you, couldn't believe it. She badgered the crap out of me to divulge the problem to the point I said I thought it was a Flanagan pin. "I knew you knew!" She proclaimed. "Why did you have to lie to me about this???" She would rather believe the lie over the truth because it fit her preconception that I MUST know what was wrong. Why not simply take people at their word? I don't get the need to push people into a corner like this. Believe what you want. I'm done with this.

@NetDoc, what brand stage rigging do you use, or did you make it yourself? Thanks
I have made my own, but have also used Dive Rite's rigging. I do like their deluxe hose retainers. They really hold the hose in place. The hose control bungee is simple enough to make and it really makes hose deployment easy and eliminates the need to clip the second stage off to anything. I must admit that I constantly check my hoses, side mount as well as stages, during the dive. I've had a second stage start to self deploy once, but that's it.

EDIT=> I will be adding a second clip to all of my stages. They will be butterfly clips and will be zip-tied to the tank neck, just like my side mount tanks. There are times when I want my stages to ride far higher than they currently do, especially when it comes to diving my back mounted rebreather. I would rather they sit like a side mount rather than a stage.

Last edited:
I have looked at the dive rite, Holycon and XS scuba rigging kits. Not a lot of difference I can see.

Even being hyper vigilant without dangles and with a very tight clean setup it is still possible to get hung up. :)

SHhhhhhh - don't say that around here... These words shall never be spoken again... lol

Me thinks Pete is having one of those couple days... :)

You guys are very tiresome today...

I didn't say it was impossible to get your stage entangled. I said that it had never happened to me. I aim to keep it that way.

I didn't say that I had never experienced an entanglement. I said that I had never ever had an entanglement of my stage. To that end, I try to identify and rectify any danglies an other possible entanglements in order to eliminate them. Like running out of air, getting entangled should be avoided like the plague. I'm not sure why everyone is so cavalier about this.

I have to admit, that I never expected the Scuba Inquisition on our independence day. Yeah, I get that PfcAJ don't like me much, but I wasn't expecting others to jump on his band wagon. Haters are gonna keep on hatin'.

You're missing the point. .

Nope not at all... All I am saying is that if a 13 is good, a 40 is gooder. :)

Anchor-in-face sounds unpleasant. I had a hammer fall off a dock and hit me on my melon once upon a time. Neoprene is actually a pretty good cushion... ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom