Alberta Lakes Will Thaw Soon!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghostrunner007:
but I am of the opion if one is going to say that someone or something is no good they should back it up.
Jeff Stals is the MAN!!!!!!! LOL...I think I am going to throw up now. :wink:

Admit it, he's your buddy.

hey i am just moving back to calgary and cant wait to meet up with some of you to show me the dive spots in the area. I have heard about minnewanka. I have some site i could show you too in the kootenay area. I am told that one lake Ugg, i forget the name right now.. i have been out of the country for a while but it is suppost to have fresh water corals and Moyie has an old mine shaft and could have more .. exploration dives.. cause of all the trains that have fallen in it. soo.. I'll show you mine if you show me yours... dive sites that is hee heeh ee

leelee:
I am told that one lake Ugg, i forget the name right now.. i have been out of the country for a while but it is suppost to have fresh water corals

Sounds like Pavillion near Kamloops.

and Moyie has an old mine shaft and could have more

That would be very interesting to check out.

nope i remember now. it is premiere lake .... the dive shop in edmonton. xtreme d tours was telling me about it. i have to go see for myself. i wonder if xtreme d tours has the same owners. last i heard they wanted to move to australia. i loved that lady so full of life.

Premiere is way closer to the alberta border than kamloops

leelee:
nope i remember now. it is premiere lake .... the dive shop in edmonton. xtreme d tours was telling me about it. i have to go see for myself. i wonder if xtreme d tours has the same owners. last i heard they wanted to move to australia. i loved that lady so full of life.

Xtreme Detours was in Calgary and is long gone. I'm pretty sure they are the ones that just shut the doors one night and buggered off to Oz leaving behind a lot of creditors and customers with lost deposits.

damn, goes to show you never really know anyone. i hope that is just rumor.

Hello

We are actually from BC, if you feel like taking a drive over here, there is a lake called Pavillion Lake - an hour from Kamloops towards Squamish and Whistler - 1 out of the 3 freshwater coral lakes in the world (Right off the high way - caribbean ambiance waters, vis 60 - 70 ft). The other 2 being in Mexico and Nevada. We actually filmed a feature on it in our first DVD issue last summer. NASA is also doing extensive research on it, connecting it to the lakes on mars.
I hope that, in the DVD, you didn't call it coral, because they're not. Those are stramatolites.

I know the post is five years old, but it's showing up in searches for freshwater coral, so I thought I'd clarify.

Stramatolites must be some sort of pasta - I believe you meant stromatolites.
Regardless, I believe you will find the Pavillion structures referred to as microbialites in most of the relevant literature. Google both descriptors to see the different results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom