Alert Diver's New Format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently received Alert Diver (DAN magazine) and think they have done absolutely fabulous job with the new format. Alert Diver was always informative, but it was passive, never really invited the reader in for another look, kind of like an annual report to stockholders done with a 1990s era desktop publishing program. Then they had the short lived experiment of coupling it with Skin Diver, which went nowhere fast.

Now, Alert Diver has achieved what so many of us longed for, a magazine for the intellegent diver with just the right balance of popular interest and technical (dive safety) articles in a very attractive format. I think they hit a winning formula. I predict that people will join DAN just to get the magazine. if it were to hit the newstands, I predict that it would outdraw Scuba Diving and Sport Diver for attention.

We just started getting it and think it's a great magazine. Unfortunately we haven't seen the old format. Did it used to be released every two months rather than quarterly?

Jason

I agree. I was very pleasantly surprised with the new issue. Every article worth a read and a re-read. And they managed to make the format and articles interesting and readable without having to dumb down or sensationalize. Great job.

Henrik

I'm very disappointed with it myself... it's so inviting I have to spend time with it immediately, thus procrastinating on doing my work, instead of just skimming it and placing it on my pile to read later!

From what I have seen so far, it seems to be a great magazine. Informative, interesting, and fun to read! Kudos DAN, keep up the good work!

I like it! It was pretty timely with the Keys Shipwreck trail article since I just got back from the Keys!

Good to see they are progressing! (now Sport diver and Scuba Diving are getting worse and more predictable with each passing issue!)

DIDO!! Just received the new magazine this last week. Excellent articles with a great layout. It was a corny layout with just technical reading before, but now they can appeal to just about everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom