Aliminium or steel tank Which one to buy???

Aluminum or Steel Tank Which one u would choose?

• ALuminum

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Steel

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on the subject of valves,- Halcyon, Sea Elite, and Diverite are the same thing, they just have different names on the outside.:eek:ut:

Genesis once bubbled...
are 8" tanks. Those are not only heavier but larger in CIRCUMFERENCE than the HPs and AL80s.

DUH!!!!!

Divegary said:
on the subject of valves,- Halcyon, Sea Elite, and Diverite are the same thing, they just have different names on the outside.

Really? ...same valves/manifolds?!

Did not know that. Do they price out about the same? (I already suspect I know the answer...but curious just the same).

Thanks Genesis!

Yes...I figured that "H" would cost extra. ;O) ...but 2x as much...ouch! :eek:

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...

DUH!!!!!

I would like to thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread. It is always great when our LDS professionals who normally get paid for their vast knowledge of SCUBA provide us this free help.

Thanks Genesis!

Yes...I figured that "H" would cost extra. ;O) ...but 2x as much...ouch! :eek:

well dang I got to jump in on this bandwagon and defend SeaJay.
first he was asking questions and making very true statement's !!!
second he was making it from a point of few most divers recreational divers anyway look at .
alum by far is their preferred tank for most divers because of the weight , but now they are out with a new alum tanks wear they are neutrally buoyant empty.
which is what most diver want !!!
but after recently doing some checks my self I am switching to steel for several reasons
one the size of the tanks , more air less size
second I am still even after several hundred dives a air hog (just me I guess)
even though I have found out some of the new alum tanks due take the weight problem into account , I still feel most steel tanks will be better for most divers !!!
oh and I like DIN much better and safer fastening system than yoke .
again my 2 cents !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom