All the boyz are doing it, now it's our turn!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking into quick disconnects... I am pretty sure we can get them via our Salvo dealer, but I also imagine they are available via a hose and fitting supply place and will post the part number when I suss it out (or if someone else already has it - the part number - please post :)

I'm gonna go with Shutoff on Sheep side, and carry the extra piece for peeing. Mostly because the reservoir can have a good bit of pee left in it.

Boys don't have the problem as much with leftover urine as the reservoir tip in their condom isn't as much of a reservoir.

IF you let your pee valve drain (hold it up when you disconnect) and then flush it with cleaner, likelyhood of making a mess of your suit when disrobing is less.

I spent a fair bit of time discussing this, taking into account different bodily shape issues (sometime boobs and bellies get in the way of direct line of sight to monkey with our she-p, shorter arms, etc..) and the concerns about detachment when hooking up, and the end decision was that a quick disconnect would indeed be a good feature for the Female device. (despite adding a failure point, it passes the DIR test for functionality)

Boys don't have the problem as much with leftover urine as the reservoir tip in their condom isn't as much of a reservoir.

This may be way way TMI, but pretty often I leave the boat smelling quite a bit like pee (without a quick disconnect), it just tends to go everywhere when disconnecting.

This may be way way TMI, but pretty often I leave the boat smelling quite a bit like pee (without a quick disconnect), it just tends to go everywhere when disconnecting.
If I'm on land , I break the seal carefully by rolling the tip of the cath off the barbed fitting while holding the cath up. Once a little air gets in, it "breaks the seal" and the pee drains from the tube and then I can lean forward and tip the cath forward to drain it.

If I'm on a boat or similar, I use a sponge or rag to catch what is left over in the catheter.

If I'm on land , I break the seal carefully by rolling the tip of the cath off the barbed fitting while holding the cath up. Once a little air gets in, it "breaks the seal" and the pee drains from the tube and then I can lean forward and tip the cath forward to drain it.

If I'm on a boat or similar, I use a sponge or rag to catch what is left over in the catheter.

Good tips. I will give it a go. Maybe I will have more friends that way.

Good tips. I will give it a go. Maybe I will have more friends that way.
I should add that the p-valves with mushroom valves (new Halcyon, OMS, and maybe DR) drain better than the ones with check valves (old Halcyon, and maybe Salvo).

Of course, there are other ways to clear the hose, but they usually involve gum or a breath mint. :11:

Once a little air gets in, it "breaks the seal" and the pee drains from the tube

That is very good information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom