all these acronyms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with diverrick that the abbreviations and acronyms are hard to decipher at times. I printed dandydon's list as a reference but I wonder if it is possible to have another button available at the bottom of each post to easily access an index of all such acronyms and abbreviations from within the post. It might even include a means of submitting previously unlisted or new acronyms and abbreviations for inclusion into the index. Sound worthwhile to anyone else?

diverrick once bubbled...
Now that's what I call a list!!! Did you type all of that? and know all of those? or did you get that and inport it to this thread?
That is what I was talking about though. I'll have to keep that for future reference. Thanks Rick

Yeah - right :shaking:

No, they're from a far flung region of this Scuba Board, and many of them I don't know, but - I thought I'd show them. I could not really explain how I got there.

I try to remember to use complete words followed by an acronym in parenthesis, i.e. Central Nervous Sytem (CNS) for terms a new OW graduate would not know. Anyone who doesn't know what OW stands for can ask or :book: look it up, IMHO.

I get confused over a lot of the internet acronyms, as I never go on other board, certainly not chat rooms.

don

dandydon once bubbled...
NAUI National Association of Underwater Instructors
PADI Professional Association of Diving Instructors
Not Another Untrained Idiot

Pay And Dive Instantly
Put Another Dollar In

Ever notice that PADI's phone number is 800-PAY-PADI ????

RichLockyer once bubbled...
Put Another Dollar In

Ever notice that PADI's phone number is 800-PAY-PADI ????

:google: No Caca?! I didn't believe it 'til I tried it. Love That!! :evil:

don :cluck:

Y
YMCA Young Men's Christian Association

Laughed my head off at this being tagged on to the end of a long list of diving terms!! :D

Thanks for the list!!

welshdiver once bubbled...

Laughed my head off at this being tagged on to the end of a long list of diving terms!! :D

Thanks for the list!!
It's not that weird...over here the YMCA teaches scuba (and has quite a nice program from what I hear). It's not like he added NAMBLA or something.. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom