Alltel Cell phone Coverage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Namchief

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Not sure when this happened but Alltel has finially came up with a North American Plan Now you can't get it with a blackberry or smartphone but still I almost left Alltel for Verizon because of Verizons plan and lack of Alltels. Here is the Link to the plan HERE
and here is a link to the Mexico coverage HERE

Neat - thanks! :thumb:

Alltel bought the company I have sold for the last 10 years and I still write some for them, but they never tell me anything. I took my cell to Cozumel last January as always to use as an alarm clock and was amazed that it rang. Never answered, didn't want to, and had no idea what it'd cost.

Could not get the North America map to enlarge - link disabled. It is good that Alltel will let one change plans without penalty or obligation - change to this for one month, then change back.

I suppose I'd need to change all phone of my family plan, with the others still being $9.99 partners, but it doesn't really say. Have to make some phone calls.

Ok, had a chat with Alltel, and got a different link. It's on the Alltel.com standard site ok, Personal Wireless plans, Stand Alone! I was looking the family plans. http://www.alltel.com/personal/wireless/plans/plans_individual.html then click North America

The map on your link would not enlarge, but the map on this will - to this link: http://www.alltel.com/personal/wireless/plans/north_coverage_map.html Not that you see much; your link to cities is really more informative.

My problem is that I have to break up my family plan. I currently have a $80 host and 3 - $10 Partners: $110 - 4 phone sharing 1400min, unlimited N&WE, unlimited MM, 35¢ overtime.

I'd need to put the other 3 on $80 sharing 900 min, unlimited N&WE, unlimited MM, 40¢ overtime

Me separately on at least $60 for 450 min, 1,000 North American N&WE, Unlimited MM U.S. Only, 45¢ overtime

Combine $140 rather than $110 - if I can get by on 450? $20 more for the next plan.

Well, that's still better than the current Mexico roaming rates, which I cannot really get an answer on. I'm still tempted to tell family I am available by email and computer phone only - not available to anyone else. :eyebrow:

Don was talking to a friend 2 minutes ago and he was asking me about this plan he has Family plan looked it up and found out that it is an individual only plan and no Blackberrys or smartphones allowed. Wonder why? guess I will keep my razr as backup for trips

Namchief:
Don was talking to a friend 2 minutes ago and he was asking me about this plan he has Family plan looked it up and found out that it is an individual only plan and no Blackberrys or smartphones allowed. Wonder why? guess I will keep my razr as backup for trips
I asked about this plan at the office today. "OH sure, didn't you know?" But when I tried to discuss it, none of them had looked into it. :silly: They're all bilingual, with customers who travel back down there. Well, the industry has changed a lot since I started with them.

I'm only guessing that the Mexican system is not up to dealing with the Blackberrys or smartphones, but that is a wild guess. For all I know, they could have an equal or better system, but there could be other issues. The Razor is a fine phone, even tho it lacks the pull-up antenna I like - living out here in the wilds where towers are around 25 miles apart. I use an external vehicle antenna plugged into my E815 on the road, and I have a 3 watt booster for trips to worse areas, but usually have it plugged into the 110v at my house as I have a row of grain elevators blocking my line of sight to the only tower within 15 miles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom