Almost there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the pool work is done, the class room segments are done, the tests are taken, it is only a matter of doing the open water dive on the weekend of September 6 and 7th. I can't believe it took the better part of 50 years to get to do this, but at least it finally happened.
The same here it took 53 years my open water dive is September 13 & 14.

Me too. Except when I do my open water dives at isla Mujeres on October 9,10 it will be 2 days before my 71st birthday. I hope to have a few years to dive. I couldn't believe the relaxing joy of being under water on a reef. My discovery dive last winter in Isla was one of the highlights of my life. My sister-in-law age 67 is my dive buddy.

I'll let you know how the certs go. We are staying a week after out cert dives to explore the underwater world around Isla and Cancun.

Never too old to learn.

Maybe we ought to organize an OLD GUY INVASION in 2015 somewhere... for OLD GUYS who have certified in the last 18-24 months or something like that, or you know ALL those handicapped individuals who shouldn't be diving because we are a hazard to ourselves and others (another SB members words, not mine). Now where could a bunch of guys and gals who are certifiable for underwater escapades go diving? We really need to put some thought to this.

---------- Post added September 3rd, 2014 at 01:42 PM ----------

Me too. Except when I do my open water dives at isla Mujeres on October 9,10 it will be 2 days before my 71st birthday. I hope to have a few years to dive. I couldn't believe the relaxing joy of being under water on a reef. My discovery dive last winter in Isla was one of the highlights of my life. My sister-in-law age 67 is my dive buddy.

I'll let you know how the certs go. We are staying a week after out cert dives to explore the underwater world around Isla and Cancun.

Never too old to learn.

You guys are ROCKIN IT!!! good work

Great thread! well done.

Unlike most of you I did my first dive qual at 14 yrs old. nearly 34 years later I am still going strong - although for the last 4 or so years I have been free-diving rather than SCUBA. I have a goal to free-dive to 50m before I turn 50 (Currently getting to 40m).

Maybe we ought to organize an OLD GUY INVASION in 2015 somewhere... for OLD GUYS...

2015? Don't make it too far out, we might not be around any more! :D

Maybe we ought to organize an OLD GUY INVASION in 2015 somewhere... for OLD GUYS who have certified in the last 18-24 months or something like that, or you know ALL those handicapped individuals who shouldn't be diving because we are a hazard to ourselves and others (another SB members words, not mine). Now where could a bunch of guys and gals who are certifiable for underwater escapades go diving? We really need to put some thought
I'm all for it. I'd love to meet some folks who were so foolish as to put off trying the underwater world. Let's plan someplace warm, friendly and beautiful dives.

I got my certification in July, at 49. The kids are out of the house, I finally have the disposable income for it, and I'm now living somewhere it makes sense. :)

Congrats to you! :)

I'm 47. My classroom session is 9/30, pool a few days later and OW dives on 10/11-12. 5 weeks until I'm certified and I can barely stand the wait! Then, Riviera Maya in December for even mo' betta' fun!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I only got two of my dives in, would you believe I have a freaking middle ear infection. I toughed it out Sunday and got two of my dives in, but equalization was a booger both up, and down. The pain was intense, but so worth it. I have a doctors appointment this Thursday, so I'll be getting those last two dives in soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom