Alona Beach around Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'll be in the Phils Dec 20-29 and I've already decided on Malapascua Island as one dive spot and Alona Beach was recommended as the other. Accommodations are getting booked up quick for Christmas week and I have the option of staying at Bohol Divers Resort/Phil Divers, Alona Land/Sea Explorers or Oasis/Sea Quest. I really want some good beach time as I'm not a hard-core diver. The Oasis/Sea Quest option seems to be the priciest of the 3—is it worth the extra money? Alona Land I hear is not on the beach.

Can people give me their experiences at these resorts and the dive outfits? I need to book asap or I lose out.

For M.I. I am diving with TSD and staying at Cocobana. Thanks!

AlonaLand is the best price but you need to walk through Alona Tropic Resort to get to the beach, a 2 min walk or so. Sea-Explorers is there at the end of the beach - great spot, not too busy there. Alona Tropic is on the beach, nice place, good restaurant, but probably fully booked. The Oasis/SeaQuest is just off the beach, more toward the middle, and yes, a bit pricey; it's new.

The Alona Kew is right on the beach, very nice, and less expensive than the Oasis. The SeaQuest dive shop is right next door. I've never stayed at Bohol Divers.

Click on my Gallery to view the pics; the 2 story villa is at AlonaLand. It has a kitchen, living room, and upstairs beds. I had a discounted monthly rate for $340.

Good Luck, have fun, it's a beautiful beach.

wanderlustgal:
I'll be in the Phils Dec 20-29 and I've already decided on Malapascua Island as one dive spot and Alona Beach was recommended as the other. Accommodations are getting booked up quick for Christmas week and I have the option of staying at Bohol Divers Resort/Phil Divers, Alona Land/Sea Explorers or Oasis/Sea Quest. I really want some good beach time as I'm not a hard-core diver. The Oasis/Sea Quest option seems to be the priciest of the 3—is it worth the extra money? Alona Land I hear is not on the beach.

Can people give me their experiences at these resorts and the dive outfits? I need to book asap or I lose out.

For M.I. I am diving with TSD and staying at Cocobana. Thanks!
perhaps you can use some info from this link http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1337292#poststop

we stayed at Bohol divers lodge in a villa suite. We paid $247 per person, 6 dives with Phil Island Divers (DM Allan). Beach is just a few steps away. The resort has a pool too.

BTW, a two tank boat dive is $38 only.

clgsamson:
perhaps you can use some info from this link http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1337292#poststop

we stayed at Bohol divers lodge in a villa suite. We paid $247 per person, 6 dives with Phil Island Divers (DM Allan). Beach is just a few steps away. The resort has a pool too.

BTW, a two tank boat dive is $38 only.

Awesome thanks. Was the water that chilly to be wearing hoods???

wanderlustgal:
If you're from NYC, I don't think the coldness of the water here would be a problem. But a lot of people wear hoodies here. Just don't go touching the reef with your head! :wink:

wanderlustgal:
Chilly? yes it was at the end of the dives. Don't worry though you'll have hot tea or coffee waiting in the boat for you and your buddies. Enjoy your stay. if you have any need for info pm me.

wanderlustgal:
You dont need a hood, that would be overkill, imo.

Back
Top Bottom