alternate air sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aegir,
I'm leaving for DEMA in the morning, and therefore hope to pick up my long awaited ID2 (Interspiro Divator 2). As for which one I plan on picking up is the new Black one.

The Gray & Beige colored ones are positive pressure, the Gold & Black one's are Demand. I think that the positive pressure one's would waste too much gas when used with open circuit scuba. Demand works better for our applications. I also insist on having the SBV (surface breathing valve) installed to conserve cylinder gas when on the surface. As for pricing keep your eye's and ear's open, I hear the black one will be cheaper than the other's... no promises, I just heard it through a source that I will be talking to again at DEMA, I should have some news for you when I get back next weekend.

Cheers ol Chap, (I think that means I'll talk to ya l8r buddy) LOL!

A haa, well in that case mario i will look forward to your post DEMA evaluation of the ID2.

lol Mario, cheers ol chap means thankyou old chap, hehehe.

Hey everyone,
I'll be writing up my Dema gear shortly, I just need to catch my breath and run a few errands before I sit back down at my keyboard :wink: There was a few nice surpises I'll fill you all in on soon!

I've used the Octo "Z" which has superseded tho Octo+. The "Z" performed flawlessly.

Even though this thread is almost 12 years old, the question is valid.

Why would you buy a knockoff, if you could own an original?

The Scubapro A.I.R. II ( Alternate Inflator Regulator ) is the original since 1978, now in it's 4th generation.

Deep Down don't you want the best!

The Octo Z, like the SS1, can be unscrewed and removed from the corrugated hose which was great for cleaning. I was told ScubaPro won't go that route because off liability concerns.
Dont get me wrong. I am all about scubapro. 2 mk 25 s, s600, G 250 V, R 190, Ss plate, 3 computers, 2 wetsuits, gloves, mask and my daughters Bella (with Atomic SS 1) :)

Back
Top Bottom