Alternate log software for Tusa DC Solar Link.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okrunner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased a Tusa DC Solar Link. It connects by bluetooth to the Tusa Dive Log app but there appears no way to export the log or access it by PC or Mac. I feel like I'm locked in Tusa's walled garden. I know some other bluetooth dive computers will work with third party logs such as Subsurface. I couldn't get the Subsurface app to recognize the Tusa. Anyone know of any other third party or other more open apps that would work with the Solar Link?

I use SubSurface. Subsurface | An open source divelog

You can import, export, and save to cloud. I typically save to cloud so that I can sync between phone and desktop. Occasionally, I will do a save as and backup my logged dives to a file and save it to OneDrive.

I couldn't get the Subsurface app to recognize the Tusa.
If you tried this on a desktop, try again from a mobile device. (Bluetooth tends to work better there.) Sync to the Subsurface cloud to look at things on the desktop.

If you have Apple gadgets, there is always MacDive. You’d have to buy it separately for iPhone or Mac. And I like you can choose where you want the backup to be stored (Shearwater app doesn’t allow that).

I use SubSurface. Subsurface | An open source divelog

You can import, export, and save to cloud. I typically save to cloud so that I can sync between phone and desktop. Occasionally, I will do a save as and backup my logged dives to a file and save it to OneDrive.
Are you saying you use SubSurface with specifically the Tusa DC Solar Link? If so, what settings did you use with SubSurface? My problem was that the Solar Link is bluetooth download only and I can't get the SubSurface app the recognize it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

If you tried this on a desktop, try again from a mobile device. (Bluetooth tends to work better there.) Sync to the Subsurface cloud to look at things on the desktop.
The Tusa DC Solar Link is bluetooth download only. There is no desktop port for the Solar Link as it's a completely sealed solar powered dive computer. Do you have this same computer and have you gotten it to work?

If you have Apple gadgets, there is always MacDive. You’d have to buy it separately for iPhone or Mac. And I like you can choose where you want the backup to be stored (Shearwater app doesn’t allow that).
Do you know if MacDive will work with the Tusa DC Solar Link? The Solar Link is bluetooth download only. There is no desktop cable as there is no port on the Solar Link. It's a completely sealed solar powered dive computer. Not even a charge cord.

My suggestion is to use Bluetooth to download to Subsurface on a mobile device. I do not have that computer, but I know that many computers will not reliably Bluetooth sync to a desktop.

As indicated by the OP, they could not get subsurface to recognize the computer. The computer does not appear to be in the list of supported dive computers:

Does this computer have "another name"? i.e. should the user be selecting a different model of dive computer?

Subsurface depends on the libdivecomputer project to communicate with dive computers.

There does not appear to be any Tusa related files in libdivecomputer:

Do you know if MacDive will work with the Tusa DC Solar Link? The Solar Link is bluetooth download only. There is no desktop cable as there is no port on the Solar Link. It's a completely sealed solar powered dive computer. Not even a charge cord.
Check on MacDive’s website. They support a lot of computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom