am i a bad *****

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Dan the Scuba Man:
I was just wondering, is it's very bad to go past 60 ft by a few feet?

The dive plan is normally made to incorperate a bit deeper than 60ft if it is required...

I would think you should abide by what your instructor and your Dad say, there is no magic number. Often deeper is colder.:blinking:

Well, a divemaster buddy of mine is taking me diving tomorrow on my 5th and 6th dives ever, and there's a wreck he wants me to see that starts at about 85-90. He says we'll just take it slow and keep an eye on air and see how deep we get. We were at about 64 on my final OW class dive and I felt just fine. I may change my mind and just decide to stay shallower, which would probably be the prudent thing.

Dan, you are 14 years old. Do what your parents say in conjuction with your instructor and any divemaster you are with. Don't listen to the goofy people here. We are only cyber-divers.

Lol, my age doesnt matter.. it's my mind set, maturity, self diciplen, and other charateristics that make a good diver... but yea.. i like diving deeper for wrecks.. i dive shallow for reefs and such... but thats for all of your imput guys =)

Dan Dan the Scuba Man:
Lol, my age doesnt matter.. it's my mind set, maturity, self diciplen, and other charateristics that make a good diver... but yea.. i like diving deeper for wrecks.. i dive shallow for reefs and such... but thats for all of your imput guys =)

Yes it does. Your parents are responsible for you. You should be making diving decisions on the advice and consent of your parents, not from us.

I saw someone post somewhere in SB that the max limit to any dive you go on is the bottom. Whether you come up afterwards depends on your skills...

D.

TheRedHead:
Yes it does. Your parents are responsible for you. You should be making diving decisions on the advice and consent of your parents, not from us.

As a parent, I absolutely agree. Your parents know you better than any of us. They probably also love you a good deal more.

Involve them in your diving decisions, please.

Dan Dan the Scuba Man:
I was just wondering, is it's very bad to go past 60 ft by a few feet?

i'm an OW diver and i'm looking into a Naui AOW course,(orPADI). i love diving and i know the procedures of AOW diving ( I was taught in a class the was cobined with an AOW class) so far i havent streched my limits by far ( 60-65 ft) i was just wondering what i should do...

The dive plan is normally made to incorperate a bit deeper than 60ft if it is required...
Don't do it! Without following the secret AOW procedures your head will explode!

Back
Top Bottom