Ambon in Jul-Aug (rainy season)? Other suggestions for Indo this summer...+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check those pix bout Alor on this french dive forum Forums plongée Plongeur.com - Alor island - petite série de photos

Alor in Indo is a must see / dive destination, I stayed at this land based french speaking resort "la petite képa", cheap and very friendly staff, also do speak very well english, you gotta go there.
Komodo, well, you are not wrong when going there, liveboard is the must.
Bangka is a mix of lembeh and bunaken, very good also.

Halmahera is in my project for may, will try to go there after my maluku trip in march and april.

Thank you both - this is exciting news. I will look into both Gangga (have checked before I know) and Murex (dove with one of the co-owners on a LOB last year) for Bangka.

Do either of you have trip reports or photo galleries for Bangka? Komodo reefs are the ones I know the best -- can you give me a comparison of Bangka or Alor to Komodo (or anywhere else you think might be helpful)? Are there a lot of current dives there? My buddy is not a huge drift diving fan, and it is not easy for photography often.

Luko I imagine you have dive op suggestions for Alor too :) Is it mostly muck or mostly reef?

Halmahera - yes I have heard of that region and was curious. But one site I found says Oct-Dec & Mar-Apr are the best times to dive there. Recommendations for dive op? Weda maybe?

N

Alor is indeed another very good place in indonesia,very nice reefs with snd without currents and good macro

@ funscuba where you going in maluka

I'll start my trip in maluku from ambon after mid march, then will see. Never been there before.

Alor is indeed another very good place in indonesia,very nice reefs with snd without currents and good macro

@ funscuba where you going in maluka

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom