Ambon, October 2013 with DIA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean Haruku, Molana and Nusa Laut sides.
Personally I wasn't that much impressed with Saparua which grounds I think are too "sandy".

Luko
according to the Indonesian dive directory Ambon Dive Area - Indonesia Dive Directory there's a lot of dive sites in ambon south sides (the same side of BRD, so probabbly you have dived most if not all) and few in Haruku strait but more to be explored.
Hv chat with Kaj when I was there. It is possible to dive Saparua, Molana and Nusa Laut but require better planing (and extra charge) due to the distance.

---------- Post added December 7th, 2013 at 12:35 PM ----------

The harlequin and rhinopia shots are really nice ! Well done.

Thanks frogfish,

according to the Indonesian dive directory Ambon Dive Area - Indonesia Dive Directory there's a lot of dive sites in ambon south sides (the same side of BRD, so probabbly you have dived most if not all) and few in Haruku strait but more to be explored.
Hv chat with Kaj when I was there. It is possible to dive Saparua, Molana and Nusa Laut but require better planing (and extra charge) due to the distance.
Unfortunately, haven't dived them all south of Ambon, only the 3-4 main ones. They're good (Pintu Kota, Hukurila, etc.) but I prefer sparing time for diving the Bay sites for macro then go to Lease islands for the blue water sites. Maybe the next time I will be more focused on South Ambon... unless the rhinopias are calling me again. :)

Mhh... Indonesia dive directory doesn't seem so comprehensive for Lease sites, for example there are usually 3 different spots to dive on Molana and as you know there are sites on Haruku.

Unfortunately, haven't dived them all south of Ambon, only the 3-4 main ones. They're good (Pintu Kota, Hukurila, etc.) but I prefer sparing time for diving the Bay sites for macro then go to Lease islands for the blue water sites. Maybe the next time I will be more focused on South Ambon... unless the rhinopias are calling me again. :)

Mhh... Indonesia dive directory doesn't seem so comprehensive for Lease sites, for example there are usually 3 different spots to dive on Molana and as you know there are sites on Haruku.

Indeed; not only in Lease - in fact there's some popular dive sites still not there.
The team still working to update.

Excellent report, and fantastic pics.

I have been to Ambon once (dove with Maluku; excellent resort and dive operation), and plan to return when I can fit it in to another Indonesia trip. Your post makes me want to return sooner rather than later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom