Ambon or Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been to both.

You should prefer an operator located north of Lembeh if you want to dive Bangka... and if you want a real mix of both then why not go to Bangka which has both muck and coral, you could then as well dive Lembeh on 3 dives day trips. :cool2:

Hi luko,

I am now looking into bangka, any chance you could recommend an op there?

Cheers

MA

MA:
Hi luko,

I am now looking into bangka, any chance you could recommend an op there?

Cheers

MA
Hmmh... I was staying at Gangga island resort which is very very nice, one of the best organized dive center I've seen, if the not the best so far.

On the other hand it has a price :eyebrow:... If you go through safari tours manado, they have the best package prices.
there are also more budget options:
- Murex Bangka, murex is one of the pioneer operations in N/Sulawesi always great guides.
- Mimpi Indah, the more budget op of the 4 listed, though on a nice location. I do not know them but I've heard nice things, I think there is a report on this board.
- Blue Bay, a german owned operation. Mid range/budget, =you can contact them on this board, there's a regular member from this op (If I remember...).

Putting my money where my mouth is... I just booked 4 days in august with Murex Bangka resort... yee-ha! :cool2:

We have been to both and love both areas! We are HUGE KBR fans! We have never had any problems there in 3 visits! I love how their dive operation is run and I also feel they have a super shore diving area . The spa is also a huge plus for me! Check it out to see if they have any specials they are running that might fit your budget. If you go to Lembeh this time , then go back to Indonesia and check out Ambon the next time! Ask for Samwell as a guide. He is fabulous! Have fun muck diving! You will be hooked!

If you are going to book Bangka, I would go with Murex Bangka they are extremely experienced in the diving in this area. For staying in Lembeh it would depend on your budget - Lembeh Resort or Two Fish are great options depending on your price range.

Muck Diving is awesome and I have friends working in Lembeh at the moment and they say that they are see most of the main critters that are on peoples wish-list!

Thanks to everyone that contributed!! I'm now back home after an amazing time in Indo. After much indecision I ended booking one week in Lembeh at KBR. I LOVED muck diving. So much so that I asked for no coral sites, just muck. And then, after a few days, decided to book an extra week, and I moved to the more budget NAD resort. I then planned to do a day trip to Bangka, but kept getting sidetracked by the muck dives... next time.

Both KBR and NAD were fantastic and would not hesitate to stay at either one again (in fact can't wait to, already planning my next trip). KBR obviously much more luxurious, whereas the NAD setup provided a lot more social interaction with fellow divers. Dive guides from both were fantastic and very experienced (in fact they are all friends and live next door to eachother). When I moved resort, my new NAD guide (stenley) even checked with my KBR guide, in his own time, about what I had and hadn't seen, so he spent the first day finding the critters i missed in the first week. That's service!

Cheers,

MA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom