American Airlines Austin to Cozumel No Mas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I guess we got lucky, Just booked a trip down to the Island returning on Jan 6 2024. American Airlines just announced that will be the last day of service for that flight. Really enjoyed that non stop. 2 weeks ago ago the flight was half empty.

I guess we got lucky, Just booked a trip down to the Island returning on Jan 6 2024. American Airlines just announced that will be the last day of service for that flight. Really enjoyed that non stop. 2 weeks ago ago the flight was half empty.

That would scare me, if they cancel that flight what are your options to get there?

That would scare me, if they cancel that flight what are your options to get there?
They would use a spare 175 in AUS or send in a spare from DFW. A once a week flight cancel is very rare and precluding a major weather shutdown or an airline meltdown it is avoided, including dispatching an empty aircraft to that city to pick up the flight.

THANK GOODNESS!
Never want to go through Texas ever again.

We have our fingers crossed. This news came out after we booked our tickets. I guess worse case is they would switch us to a AA flight through Dallas. More concern of weather delays and cancellations there though. It has been nice though. The flight was usually pretty empty so we got upgrades most of the time. Really helped on the return as the gear bag is always a bit heavy coming home, and they gave us more leeway on the weight. DI’d learn a lesson coming home on our last trip. We carry our computers, Peregrines, with us and inside the little case they put 2 little Phillips screwdrivers to tighten or remove the strap. Mexico TSA confiscates any and all tools in your carry on’s. Also took a open ended wrench.

We have our fingers crossed. This news came out after we booked our tickets. I guess worse case is they would switch us to a AA flight through Dallas. More concern of weather delays and cancellations there though. It has been nice though. The flight was usually pretty empty so we got upgrades most of the time. Really helped on the return as the gear bag is always a bit heavy coming home, and they gave us more leeway on the weight. DI’d learn a lesson coming home on our last trip. We carry our computers, Peregrines, with us and inside the little case they put 2 little Phillips screwdrivers to tighten or remove the strap. Mexico TSA confiscates any and all tools in your carry on’s. Also took a open ended wrench.
Usually when a airline announces the cessation of flights on a certain date, they keep them running until that date.

Back
Top Bottom