American Dream II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4u:
Now you know why we live in Florida ... when are you moving down? :wink:
Kim P

Oh I live in Florida (Naples, go to UCF in O-town), and work at my LDS. Just never had the pleasure to dive in Ft. Lauderdale.

As far as directions goes, it was somewhat my fault. I "mindlessly" followed the directions on their website when told to by someone else, not checking the map given by mapquest that showed it was actually their mailing address in a residential neighborhood :D

Yes I do try to get the host on the phone before I head across state ... or where ever

vr24:
I don't go out on charters. So count that out.

Maybe the nitrox is good for you guys. However, when I go out diving with people, I'll drop in on an aluminum 80 on air and they are always coming up at the same time as me diving 36% in overfilled steel 100's. Sure, technically they COULD stay down longer, it just never seems to happen.

I NEVER said it wasn't better to dive nitrox, per se. I merely said I don't think it's worth it. Heck, when I did the cristal clear dive, we were the first ones down, diving air, and would have been the last ones up with plenty of air left if we didn't have to follow that stupid guide. This was on the Spiegel Grove. And this was diving with YOU GUYS. All I'm trying to point out, is that in my experience, nitrox divers always surface at the same time anyways, so whats the point?

However, if I was bounce diving a few deep wrecks, I'd go nitrox all the way. But on a charter? no.

I go on charters and private boats and I'm pretty much always the last one back in the boat. Nitrox is your friend.

BTW, there is no such word as "anyways".

Yea. Used 'em last weekend, tried to go again this weekend, but they were all full up. Oh well, buddy got sick and no diving for me :(

Divergirl4u:
Now you know why we live in Florida ... when are you moving down? :wink:
Kim P

Don't encourage people to move to South Florida. Visit yes, move here no. :wink:

Scubastud16, I'm glad you enjoyed the diving down here. American Dream is a great boat & the crew is the best. I don't dive with any other operation locally anymore. The Tracy is a nice wreck. Since you didn't get any pictures here is one for you.

1177800228_Kelly-on-the-Tracey-1-copy.jpg

I see from your profile that you play lax. I played keeper at FSU.

I took my son out with the American Dream II on the 18th of July. This was his first wreck / reef dive. What a blast. We dove the Captain Ramone and then Barracuda Reef. While on the reef we saw plenty of wild life including a nurse shark.
The crew was Great, The service was excellent, and we were able to meet several other divers. Cant wait to get back to Florida.

I snuck aboard the Avid Diver this morning and we dove the Jim Atria (~130') and the Traci and Scutti (~75'). We had flat seas and 100'plus of viz on both sites. If there's any photogs reading this (Hey Fisheye!!), there's a regal empress nudibranch on the one of the cinder blocks between the two wrecks, closer to the wreck on the north side.

Other than that, get out there folks, conditions are "right", right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom