American Technical Diving Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone dove with
American Technical Diving Center out of South Padre?
Web page- http://www.divesouthpadre.com/

I might be down in South Texas over the holidays and was thinking about putting in a boat dive with them. However, if someone has comments- positive or negative I would like to hear them.

Gracias swampers, Andrew :D

My LDS sends divers and groups down to SPI to dive with American Diving. I have never heard a complaint. They have a wreck diving marine park and also single wrecks they have found in the area. Supposed to be good spearfishing, if you are interested in that. Join their email list and they will send out emails with dates of boat trips out and to where. Give them a try.

The owner of the shop is Tim O'Leary. He is NAUI's Technical Operations Director. I cannot speak from first hand knowledge, but I have heard they have a first rate operation. Hopefully the weather in Padre will cooperate for you.

They do have a nice web site and great logo!

Tim O'Leary is one of the best divers on the planet, and on the Board at NAUI - does that mean anything to ya'?

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Since I am a retired NAUI Instructor Trainer- I am aware of Capatin Tim O'Leary and his work with RGBM tables and technical diving.

In fact, we talked when the first NAUI recreational RGBM multi dive tables first came out.
Thats a story unto itself.

Thanks, Andrew

I did a couple of dives with them this summer when my trip to Florida was aborted because of Katrina. They were very nice, friendly, organized, and experienced. Had a great couple of dives. No real complaints although as I recall, the price was a little steep (or at least more than I'm used to paying for a couple of boat dives).

LVX -

Good straightforward write-up! Sounds like it would have been a bit more enjoyable had the VIZ been better... I've been kicking around the idea of doing some wreck penetration training with those guys..

D.

Back
Top Bottom