An intro from MrMike1250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi - Just signed up to ScubaBoard last night while researching BCD’s. This looks like a great place to share stories and info. New to ScubaBoard but an older diver. Funny how that happens .. getting older. Which brings up a story. On a dive trip last year off the North Carolina coast. Maybe 7-8 divers. A lot of them younger. Inevitably the question of “how long have you been diving“ came up. One year, three years, ten years … my turn This is my 50th year of diving…. Silence. :oops::oops: :):):):). Too funny! Anyway .. Hello!

Welcome, MrMike!
50 years of diving is impressive indeed! I am sure there are some stories:) Please continue to share!

Hello. My name is Etta. An amazing 50 years, I’m sure, Mr.Mike. I came by scuba as a child of a professional scuba diver, boat owner, dive shop owner whose full time employment was running a lab for Uncle Sam. My father was one of two men who organized the first Auxiliary Police Underwater Search and Rescue team in a small suburb of Baltimore, Md. (about 45 min away). As an older teen I learned to fill tanks for other divers, but never dove myself until I was about 29ish years old. I became Open Water certified about 1994ish and basically did vacation dives until meeting a DiveMaster who inspired more. At that point I did my class work and open water for my Advanced certification including my 100’ dive (in a murky lake), search and recovery and night dives. The paperwork was never filed and I only dove on vacations and gradually stopped diving altogether — just lost touch with other divers. I’m looking forward to many many more dives and expanding my diving credentials and resume. I’m in the process of acquiring dive gear (again). Any words of wisdom, suggestions, etc are always appreciated and encouraged. (I’m open to buddying up on future dives. Hint hint 😉) My husband is a land lover and can’t be lured into a swimming pool much less a boat or dive gear, but fully supports my diving endeavors

Welcome Mr. Mike to SB. As the others have said with 50 year’s experience, you will be a great asset to our forum. What BCD’s have you used in the past and which new ones are you leaning towards?

50 Years of diving is great MrMike. Is that you in the picutre? It's a great pic. Also welcome to SB.

Welcome Mike, what BCDs are you looking at?

Hi - Just signed up to ScubaBoard last night while researching BCD’s. This looks like a great place to share stories and info. New to ScubaBoard but an older diver. Funny how that happens .. getting older. Which brings up a story. On a dive trip last year off the North Carolina coast. Maybe 7-8 divers. A lot of them younger. Inevitably the question of “how long have you been diving“ came up. One year, three years, ten years … my turn This is my 50th year of diving…. Silence. :oops::oops: :):):):). Too funny! Anyway .. Hello!
Hi MrMike. I just found SB as well. Getting back into diving with wife. One of my two teenage sons recently got his OW. I’m looking at equipment too but my wife is like “pace yourself, do you really need your own BCD and reg set if you are only doing 20-30 dives a year?” I’m working on my counter arguments.

Back
Top Bottom