Intro from NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gelirfella

Contributor
Reaction score
New to diving. Located in the research triangle in NC. Working on my OW cert now. Have a buddy who over the last several years has gotten really into it and is working on his cave certs.

Excited to get started and to find this awesome community.

The trigger for this was a trip to Hawaii in March of next year for a family wedding and an abrupt change in my schedule that gives me a lot more free time for a couple of years. Planning to get some dives in before I go to Hawaii to maximize my time there, but won’t finish my OW CRRT until likely mid August. Any recs for dives off the NC coast? What time of year does it become untenable to dive up here without a dry suit?

Anyways, Hi!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I've only got 1 trip out to NC, which I enjoyed a lot. I compiled some research notes and relayed the info. in my trip report. Not sure whether it'll help, and it's dated (2015), but just in case -
Morehead City, NC August 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...us-dive-center-aug-9-13-2015-trip-report.html

Oh, and I think it was in a forum upgrade or something some formatting got a bit wonky. Back then I was using PhotoBucket for photo hosting, which they quit doing, so their logo now appears across the photos. Sorry about the 'ugly factor,' but the overall info. might still help.

Welcome to the boards. I haven't dove in NC, but it is definitely on my list now that I moved a little closer. Enjoy your time underwater?

We have lots of wrecks off the NC coast with many in fairly shallow water. The best places are Wilmington, Morehead City, and Beaufort. You can also dive from just across the border at Little River, SC with Coastal Scuba located in North Myrtle Beach. They have some dives that are 60 ft max. One of my favorites with them is the Charleston Tug. It's a fun little dive.

Oh, and welcome to Scubaboard. You can learn a lot here quicker than you can anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom