andaman liveaboard, phuket hotels, etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We booked and were confirmed a trip on the Panunee from Feb 24 til March 1 as part of our honeymoon and it got CANCELLED just as of Today, March 12! This is AFTER booking nonrefundable hotels and airfare from Manila to Bangkok to Phuket before and after the proposed liveaboard trip. They don't have enough divers to fill the boat so they had to cancel. Good thing we didnt pay them anything, but this still leaves us a problem of find a freakin liveaboard between feb 24 to march 1! We're staying in Phuket (Karon Area) from Feb 22-24, and we COULD extend but heard that day trips from Phuket to good dive sites take forever. On March 1-4 We'll be at the Holiday Inn at Phiphi Island. What liveaboard (honeymoon quality) can we dive on around that time, or what does anyone have to say about riding a boat from phuket everyday to dive different dive sites? Also can anyone recommend a good hotel in phuket in case we cant find a liveaboard and have to extend? we're currently at Marina Phuket for 2 days and our budget is under 120-200$ per day Thanks a lot.

Sorry to hear about your disapointment!
I have called a few of the reputable Liveaboard operations to find out if they have any availabilities that I could recommend you to contact. Unfortunately they are all fully booked over this period. However if there are any cancellations I will let you know. Also, presently 1 of the Liveaboard operators is diving with us and as soon as he gets out of the water I will check with him as recently he has been getting last minute cancellations.
Otherwise good luck!

Try kingfisher divers, good boat and excellent crew.

Greg

I hope the Kingfisher is ready to go by Feb., I'm booked on it Feb. 5th out of Port Blair. Got the info on it thru this forum www.barefootindia.com is one way to access info. There is a charter flight out of Bangkok every Saturday. I'm in Indonesia at the moment, just getting ready to go on the Komodo Dancer for 11 days. If anyone has any update on the Kingfisher, I would appreciate them letting me know! Thanks!

Howdy,

I just talked to KF. Kingfisher 1 is out of the dock and made second liveaboard trip this season. Andamand Islands schedule is in place and booking goes well. You should be able to get charter plane tickets from BKK to Port Blair confirmed in 4 weeks and pick it up at BKK airport before your flight.

Born2Dive:
Hi you could try www.whitemanta.com.

Will be going with them next week to the similians, tell you how they are when i get back.

So how was it then? I've just booked a flight to Thailand in mid-Jan and am going up to the Similans on the Panunee....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom