angle adapter loose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
1fspeed

1fspeed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dropped off a reg set for service. It was a set that hadn't been used in a number of years so asked that a full service be performed. On my first dive it began leaking badly from the 110° angle adapter (XS Scuba). It was extremely loose, and just a couple turns from separating completely.

It's my fault for not checking things over closely before putting it back in service, but shouldn't this have been caught during the overhaul?

I blame myself but wonder about going elsewhere for service...

Either way I'm reconsidering the use of the adapter, and will certainly be looking things over more closely before each dive.

Last summer, in Marathon, Fl, I picked up a new G260 second stage. Installed the stage to my existing Mark 17E and G260. I removed an R190. I took my wrenches out and snugged the fittings down and put it in my dive bag. Next morning, while the captain was giving his safety talk, I pressurized the regulator and POP!!! The second stage went flying across the deck. The captain was not impressed and neither was I. Beats me. It is probably worthwhile giving your equipment a once over before diving and especially after being serviced.

Few weeks ago, buddy had his mouth piece fall off upon entry. First dive after service. He had a better sense of humor than me, and immediately started barking out instructions on where he kept zip ties on the boat. Fixed it himself while on the surface and we were delayed only 60 seconds, but people can aspirate a good bit of water like that! Apparently they just completely forgot to secure the mouth piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom