anilao resort and dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lofish

Contributor
Reaction score
just curious if anyone uses anilaodiveresort.com before, and if they are good..

i am planning to spend a week there in May, i emailed some resorts but didnt get a reply. I emailed anilaodiveresot.com and they were able to put someting together for me. But i am not sure if they are better than the dive ops with the resorts.. it appears to me that they are independent dive op.. suggestions/advices are welcome!!

It would be helpful for us viewing this thread to know what was the proposed arrangements/dive & accomodation package that is being offered so we can intelligently comment and suggest better options.

The prices that anilaodiveresot.com quoted are very close to what they posted on their web.

I'd prefer to dive in a smaller group, and stay at quieter resort. Now my choice is between aquaventure and arthur's..just dont know which one to pick.

I think arthur's is the quiter and more expensive of the two.

Arthurs place is a very laid back and very quite place. If you want super quite this is the place.
Aquaventure is quite during the weekdays, weekends are often full. AV has a nice pool and bar for relaxing. There are rinse tanks, showers, lockers, small gift shop, kayaks to use, and the dive shop rents out anything you may need. The restaurant is pretty decent as well, I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there with the family often. You can order your lunch before you leave for the morning 2-tank dive and it will be ready for you when you return.
AV has maybe 20 or so rooms. I think only 2-3 rooms have a direct ocean view though. There is no shore diving and all your diving will be by bangka.
May it is getting hot.
Have fun

Last edited:
thanks for the replies.
I dont mind the hot weather, we still had snow sunday :)

Since i am going there by myself this time, just want to stay at quiet place with good dm and quality dives. I will arrive on sunday and leave on saturaday, i guess the weekend rush at AV should not be an issue.

in fact going to anilao is the last minute decison, plan is going to south letye, malapascua and LOB at palawan. Then i realized i have another week of leave that i can use.. with the wife's permission, i decided to spend a week in anilao before heading home.

Right next to Arthurs is Crystal Blue Resort. The rooms were as shown, the food was good, and the on-site Nitrox fills were consistently good. I was there when a group filled it (maybe 20-25 people?), otherwise it's probably pretty laid-back like all of the "resorts" looked as we passed each day.

I stayed at AV just a couple of weeks ago. During the weekdays, I was the only diver. I was also the only one eating lunch or dinner, so no buffets, only ala carte.
Cost was 2100 PHP for a 2 tank dive boat dive, 1 tank or night dives were half that.
I had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend AV. DM (Rene (sp)) found many small creatures for me and Dive Shop was very accomodating. A small negative is that it is a little ways from most dive sites. On the order of 15 minutes or so. Not a big deal, but places like Planet Dive are right in the middle of most sites.

Thanks again for the 1st hand info. it seems i cant go wrong w/ AV

Ukdave0, 2100 pesos for 2 tank boat dive is a very good price, I was wondering if that is the price when one uses their dive shop.
anilao scuba dive shop, dive package, scuba lessons in Batangas Philippines quoted me 1300 pesos per dive.
Do you still have the contact for AV> I sent them a few emails directly but no replies so far......

thansk again, guys!

Also the AV charges for tanks, weights. Not sure of the exact price maybe $4 for each tank and $1.75 for weights.
Then there is a charge to hire the boat, about 1800 pesos, unless you travel across to sombero island or mactan/tinloy then it is about 2100 pesos, tip not included. Boat prices are split among the group, but if you are there during the week day you probably will shoulder the whole amount. also you will need a DM, I think they were 1200 or so pesos for a 2-tank am dive. so the prices can add up.
Watch out on your bill as they added $10 extra for AC in the room.
Not sure if the resort fee of $10 is imposed if you are staying with them, but sometimes when I just was visiting for the day, it was $10-12US consumable per/day.
Okay, have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom