Anilao Shop Suggestions with Photo Pro/Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hthomps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A friend and I are planning to stay for a week in Anilao before joining a larger group in Puerto Galera, and I’d love any recommendations for shops/resorts with a photo pro on staff so I can hone my macro skills. I understand that most guides are super helpful with assisting guests get the shot, but hoping to take it a step further. Thanks!

Too early/late but surely you can contact them.
Good luck.

I should have mentioned that we’ll be there the first week of August, but these workshops at least point me towards some good resorts - thank you! I’m also reminded that I should also be searching for any workshops being held the first week in August.

Spent 9 days at Anilao Photo Academy in February-March this year and it was great. Dive guide had an eye for wee stuff, helped with strobes and snooting, and then we'd review photos in the evening, get tips on editing/composition, and set goals for pictures the next day. You could ask "I want to photograph a ...." and they will find it for you. They also had diopters available to borrow, which was great in figuring out what I wanted to buy. Highly recommend! (See my daily trip report, too!)

If you're into blackwater diving, they go out every night if anyone wants to.

Back
Top Bottom