Anilao vs. Subic Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the replies and travel tips. I am now here in Manila for better or worse. It is amazing how bad the traffic is here seemingly at all hours of the day and night.
As a side note I ran into a small problem that I have not encountered before. I was flying Asiana out of Chicago to Manila via Seoul South Korea. Asiana would not let me board the flight in Chicago because I only had a one way ticket. I have flown to Manila many times one way without ever need to show an onward or return ticket. I told them my wife is Filipina and anyone can get at least a 21 day visa upon arrival. Why do I need to show a return or onward ticket? Is this something new? I think it's just a ploy by Asiana to sell more tickets. I ended up buying a refundable ticket from Manila to Hong Kong. Of course I call Asiana and try to cancel the ticket and get the run around. Now I have to find the Asiana office in Manila to get the refund.
Here is the really strange thing. They sold me a ticket that is 35 days after I arrive in Manila. What sense does that make? If I honor the return ticket I will still have been in the country illegally for x number of days.
Any one else here have a similar experience?

Last edited:
Asiana did everything right according to the book. You do need to show your outbound ticket nowadays.
You can always extend your stay in the country.
Most airlines will sell you a ticket without asking to see your passport. It is your responsibility to make sure that everything is under order eg. visa and validity of the passport.

For your info the no visa entry for some countries citizens has been extended from 21 days to 30 days.

Good morning PPD.

Planning on coming to Subic from Ermita in the next few days. I will probably stay and dive with Johann unless someone knows a good reason not to.
I also have a private van willing to take me round-trip door to door for 8000 pesos. Does that sound in the ballpark?

Thanks for any information

P8,000.00 return is about right.
Metered taxi is nearly the same(P4,000.00 from NAIA) if my memory is correct.
A lot cheaper if using Victory Liner Bus from Pasay(EDSA).
Taxi from Ermita to the Bus Terminal on EDSA is no more than P200.00
Bus to Olongapo is about P220.00.
Trike to Johan is about P150.00 to 200.00.
No toilet on the bus so be careful on liquid intake. The bus do stop to pick up and drop off passenger by the roadside or in terminal. There would be one food stop(Double Happiness) which is about an hr from Olongapo unless you are lucky enough to be on a Express. Express is just little bit more expensive and makes only one stop at Dau(Angeles).

Back
Top Bottom