do you wear ankle weights?

• wear ankle weights

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Don't wear ankle weights

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No ankle weights or gators for me. My drysuit boots fit properly and I use jet fins with spring straps. I swim with my feet up too. I think that the key here is to be properly weighted (not overweighted) and to not put too much air in your suit.

-k

My feet are floaty without them. In warm water with a shorty, the buoyancy of my boots is easier to cope with with ankle weights. In a full wetsuit, I usually don't wear them.

Another time I wear them is during drift dives along a wall. I like to keep an upright position for those dives - easier to do with ankle weights.

I use a set of turtle finns. I like my feet bouyant as i do the frog kick. so I don't have a problem.

Not me, I don't need to wear training wheels:)
Friggincold:cold:

Sometimes, when I am demonstrating a skill like fin pivot, I find that one leg just refuses to stay in place. So I use the ankle wts. At one point I used them with my neoprene drysuit, but since switching to the DUI trilam, I find the Rockboots act like gators, so I don't need the ankle wts.

~SubMariner~

I use them most of the time. I customized my ankle weights to 10oz. With floaty feet, as long as I'm finning it isn't a problem but if I hover while horizontal I fight it. At this weight, they keep my feet neutral.

Back
Top Bottom