Announcing new line of SubGravity DPVs engineered by Bonex!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nose-Closure-Insta-509x509.jpg

Locking system

The Bonex locking system is located centrally in the nose. This dispenses with the need for housing snap catches. It is opened and closed quickly and reliably by releasing the central lock. Interior ventilation compensates for pressure fluctuations (SubGravity HQ is at a higher altitude after all! :wink:).

A short video demonstrating this feature: https://instagram.com/p/5Nhb59qeKI/

Follow us on instargram if you want to stay up to date! More videos coming soon: https://instagram.com/subgravitydive

Last edited:
So, back to the actual product.......that Aquaprop looks like it has great shore dive potential. Other than the weight, I haven't seen too many detailed specs on it. Can I assume that is a 24 volt motor? What is the thrust for the two settings? Can a lithium battery be purchased separately for a NiMH version? Battery costs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, traveling this week. Will get back to you with all of the data you have requested end of the week or first part of next week.

So, back to the actual product.......that Aquaprop looks like it has great shore dive potential. Other than the weight, I haven't seen too many detailed specs on it. Can I assume that is a 24 volt motor?

It is not 24 volt, the aquaProp uses a 12 volt system.

What is the thrust for the two settings?

We will get the thrust specs for the lower speed and post soon:

• Speed 1 - 38m / 125' per min
  • Speed 2 - 50m / 164' per min with 140 N / 31.5 lbs thrust

Can a lithium battery be purchased separately for a NiMH version?

Yes, we imagine this will be a popular option.

Battery costs?

TBA at this point. We are working with Bonex to find the most cost effective option for batteries (shipping from Germany vs building here in the USA etc etc).

We'll too bad its not a 24 volt system as that would make it an Xjoy 2 killer but the rest of the specs look good so far and seriously considering picking one up for shore diving.

Yet another great feature of the SubGravity DPVs, Engineered by Bonex!

Prop-Stop safety feature- instead of a mechanical clutch, Bonex has developed an electronic cutoff for the safety of their divers. Were anything to impede the prop, it will automatically shut down. The diver can then safely remove the item (equipment, line etc), reset the DPV and continue on their way.

Yet another great feature of the SubGravity DPVs, Engineered by Bonex!

Prop-Stop safety feature- instead of a mechanical clutch, Bonex has developed an electronic cutoff for the safety of their divers. Were anything to impede the prop, it will automatically shut down. The diver can then safely remove the item (equipment, line etc), reset the DPV and continue on their way.

Vry cool! Questions: can the prop be removed in water to clear out line? and is there a failsafe for electronic cutoff? like what if electronic fails, is there mechanical clutch too or will it just keep going?

Vry cool! Questions: can the prop be removed in water to clear out line?

YES! Video coming soon :wink:

and is there a failsafe for electronic cutoff? like what if electronic fails, is there mechanical clutch too or will it just keep going?

No there is not. The intelligent electronic cutoff is superior in that the prop will not continue to spin once the obstruction is removed. You must reset the DPV by turning off, and then back on before it will spin again - a big plus for safety. In testing we have found the electronic prop-stop to be very reliable and capable of exactly the safety features required.

I have Reference RS on order and would like to know if there are any interests amongst pre-order customers on navigation units or plates that would attach our own compass/depth gauge.
I have attached my own compass units on other scooters and it seems that unless I use Bonex plates, it would be quite hard for someone to mount compass on nose cone area.
I personally find it easy to navigate with DPV mounted compass rather than wrist mounted compass. Also, having the compass mounted away from the motor seems to not affect the bearings on the compass. That's why I'd like to bring up if there are any interest or plans to outfit/manufacture one in the states if Subgravity has no plans to bring one from Bonex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom