Annual Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally got word of the official date. Sunday, September 7, 2008.

This is a great event to participate in. There is no sign up fee, they feed you a good meal, you get a free t-shirt and they give away some great prizes. Plus, you're helping to clean up this wonderful lake that many of you use year round. Every year, we pull several tons of trash and debris from the lake. Recognition is awarded for several categories of finds, including most unusual, largest group, etc..

I think this would be a great opportunity for our fellow Swampers from DFW, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, etc, to make a weekend out of it. :eyebrow: We could have a Swamper get together on Saturday.:D

To sign up, just contact your favorite Austin LDS (OAK HILL SCUBA :D). Keep Austin Beautiful is in the process of creating an online sign up, but they have not released the details yet. There are fewer dive shops to participate this year, so I think each shop will be seeing some new members added to their ranks. There are also teams that are not affiliated with a dive shop. Pisces, UT Scuba Club, TCEU and others typically have their own teams. If you are interested in forming your own team, I can get you the information on who to contact.

I'm not sure if they have assigned the clean up sites yet. I'm sure that information will be released soon.

Since they have scheduled this for Labor Day weekend, it is a great chance to participate. Out of towners have an extra day to return home and the locals get a day of rest before heading back to day jobs.

September 7th is not Labor Day weekend.

Mack....
sounds like a good chance to become a fellow swamper....I will be by your shop to sign up... thanks for the info

keith

I'm in on this one Mack. The DIMWIT and Texas Swamp Divers are all on the same team maybe? Regardless of teams, put me in the books. We need to get together on gear too. What kinda SPORE would I be without the rental equipment?

What about Tom's Scuba? Anyone from their shop come here to SB? I never see anyone claim to be from/with Tom's.

I am one of the people from Tom's that will be helping organize this if you have any questions PM me. There was to be a meeting last night to get details but was cancelled and should be rescheduled soon.

I'll be certified by then! But maybe I'll still be too new to go? If so, I'll come anyway and be a groupie *grin*

I'll be certified by then! But maybe I'll still be too new to go? If so, I'll come anyway and be a groupie *grin*

No one is too new to participate. You just need a buddy that agrees to dive your profile. The cleanup is a great way for new divers to get in the water and gain experience while doing something good for the lake. It is also a fine way to meet your fellow divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom