Annual reg service on AL Legend LX: Authorized dealer or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Odd question, maybe.

I have a set of new-in-2006 AL Legend LX regs that are about ready for their first annual servicing after 60 or so dives. AL has their "free parts for life" warranty that provides "free parts for life" as long as the reg is inspected and/or overhauled every year at an authorized dealer.

The thing of it is is that I've sort of "grown apart" from the dealer that I bought the regs from, but he's the only AL dealer locally. (There was actually a weird sort of dramatic falling out between him and another customer, and based on a few interactions since then I'm sure the dealer thinks I was somehow involved though I wasn't, too much to get into...)

I'm a bit reluctant to bring the regs to that authorized shop for annual service, for fear that there will be some difficulty or another - either there will be huge labor charges or some crazy delay in getting the service done, or worse.

On the other hand, I really like and trust my "new" LDS but they are not AL authorized.

Do I...

1.) Suck it up and take the regs to the original shop to get my free parts and auth service

2.) Take it to my new LDS, pay for parts and service I trust, but void the lifetime parts warranty

3.) Find another AL dealer to get the service and free parts from and keep warranty in effect

What's an annual reg service go for any way?

I believe you can send the regs to Aqualung America itself. I would just call them and explain the situation...look up their website and find their contact info.

Jim

I just had a set of legends serviced and it was $130.00. I am not covered by the free parts anymore and I believe they(the shop) are trying to make a point with the price of the parts kit. I dont know but $55 seems pretty high for the parts involved. You might check the prices before you make your descision.

3ddiver:
I just had a set of legends serviced and it was $130.00. I am not covered by the free parts anymore and I believe they(the shop) are trying to make a point with the price of the parts kit. I dont know but $55 seems pretty high for the parts involved. You might check the prices before you make your descision.
Why aren't you covered by the "free parts" warranty? Just curious.

I am not covered by the free parts because I did not have them serviced every year. I did not know about that program at the time but I dont know that I would have changed because of it.

Contact these guys: http://www.techdivinglimited.com

I have never used them (I dive Scubapro regs) but they are active on this board as JS1scuba, and seem to have fair prices and an excellent reputation.

Back
Top Bottom