Another chance to dive the U853

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I got this email today and thought I'd post it here in case anyone was interested.

I have a request by some divers from out of town to do a U853 Charter on Friday July 3rd….. I need 3 more divers to make it happen….Anyone want to dive? Call Giant Strtide Dive Shop @ 401 732 8808 to reserve your seat and give me reply here as well. Charter to the Nazi U Boat U853 Submarine Wreck Sunday Charter to The U853 aboard Canned Air… Join us as we dive the U853 Nazi submarine, a Type IX-C-40 built in the Deschimag Yard in Germany. We can remain at the U Boat for the second dive or vote on another wreck by those aboard according to conditions. This Charter, Canned Air Charters, and Giant Stride Dive Shop, requires an advanced cert. with some experience diving to depths greater than 100 ft. in New England (or similar) waters. A redundant air source, lift bag or safety sausage, and whistle or horn is required. Pony bottles and regs are available to rent. Cost is $140.00 per diver and only 6 spots are available. Reservations are made by full pre-payment that is non refundable. If you cancel your reservation you forfeit the full payment unless we can sell it. If our captain cancels the trip, we issue a full refund if you paid in cash and a store credit if paid by credit card. Cancellations by our Captain are made on the day of the charter, one hour before sailing time. We cannot guarantee dive sites, alternate dive site selection does not constitute a cancellation or a refund. Please be at the new slip which is Point View Marina 11 Sherman Rd, Wakefield, RI 02879, to board “Canned Air” 1/2 to 1 hour before sailing time which is 7:00 am, to fill out a waiver, present a certification card and get fully loaded 15 minutes before departure time. Our boats sail on time at 7:00am and if you miss the boat it’s your loss. Sign up now as these charters sell out quickly. Your seat is held by full prepayment only.Write a message...

I'd love to dive the U853. The advanced diver cert excludes me :(. I dove for 18 years uncertified. I finally got open water certified with my son when he was 15. I really need to get that advanced piece of paper. I understand why they require the cert. I would require it to if I was in their shoes.

Give the shop a call they are generally more interested in ability and experience than certs. It's worth a try.

Your right, worst they can say is no. I only have 2 shallow dives on the drysuit so far and love it but not nearly comfortable in it enough yet. I've been below 100' with my 7 mm many times before so I could use that. Ah, but then I've got a problem of no logs. Just like to dive ,never had much ambition to write and record it. I can pretty much hear their answer, but still worth a try. Think I will give em a holler tomorrow. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom