Another that Just Joined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a shame! Pictures are great, I heard somewhere that each one of them is worth a thousand words. LOL!

The closest I've come to that is diving in Southern Turkey's waters in a place called 'Side'. I came across some artifacts that were just laying in the sand. They were peices of cloumns and some pots and vases. I removed what I could using an inflatable and a whole lotta dives. (I was on my own). I turned the artifacts over to the local police department and they in turn said that they would turn them over to a local museum. Any way to make a long story short, I truelt regret not ahving a camera so that I could document it. This was when nearly 15 years ago, and coudn't afford a camera at the time.

Sea you in the Deep Blue,
Mario :D

I don't like to take fotos. I'll admit they are great for explanations. But I think they disort my memory of things and also come between me and experience. I know these sentiments are not shared by many people. However, that is the reason I gennerally don't have fotos. So I guess you just have to drop by a get a dive and see for yourself. A fate worse than death I'm sure.
:devilish:

HI DameDykker,

We have a new article by the first woman to lead a multi-national dive team on an underwater archeological project in Morocco.

You can check it out at Women in Scuba.

Cheers,

Thank you for the info.

Now another story from the danish waters:

The dive I want to tell you about is a night dive in the late spring. We have a diving weekend for the trainees (the club is doing CMAS) and a few of us experienced divers opted for the night dive. Since it gets dark very late in the summer this is around midnight.

We are going in from the shore but as the water i very shallow we are working maybe 200m to get to the water, But it is worth it. At two meters depth and 12 deg. C water the visibility is low 4m. And what are we seeing: Ellgrass (long slim green grass like growth in shallow waters) filled like a x-mas tree with very tiny 2-3mm snails and white seastars. In the light of our torches we see the pale blue and pink lines of the little fish and the lillac and pink of the larger seastars. Without light we se the self-illuminting plancton wicht will line and follow any movement in the water. A great dive :D.

So no records in temperature, depth, visibility, dive time or anyting else I can think of. But never the less a memorable one.

DSAO

DameDyyker,
It sounds very much like a LaJolla Cove night dive. We get a lot of bioluminescence here as well. It's added to by abundant lobster, crab, horn shark, leopard shark, rays, guitar fishes, blue shark, garibaldi, opal eye, moray eel etc that dark arounf and give us quite the light show.

If anyone is interested the showing is almost nightly, weather permitting!

Mario
Just a quickie - do you get whale sharks around you anywhere. The two sharks I want to dive with (one extreme to another) is whale shark and Mr Whitey!

I have already talked about diving with Whites with you but what about whale sharks - any idea on good locations for nxt yr?

-x-abby-x-

We could set up and organize a trip further south into Baja California, Mexico to see the Whale Sharks. As for the Carcharodon carcharias, odds are you won't see them too often unless you go chumming. San Fransisco is one of the largest breeding grounds for the White, but I have seen one in Point Loma just about a mile from the coast... which is my back yard. Just come on out and we'll do a bunch of different diving together. Worst case scenario we could always show you King Neptune's white legs... they'll give you a nice fright! (so I hear)

Hi Mario

What a nice back yard :D. I've only dove in California once. That was two dives in Wahlers Cove at Monteray. I really loved that with all the sea life and the kelp "playing rain forrest". And nice warm waters and good visibility. If I ever go to Cal again I'll have to get a few good suggestions from you.

Hey mario

Looks like I know where I'll be for part of my year out - are you sure you want to be diving with someone who wears a towel ermmm.....anyway - i think after previous conversations it would be a good idea if I stopped here - could sound even worse.

Anyways, when I do I get a pic of you?????? U have seen me now - I am starting to think this is a tad unfair!

-x-abby-x-
:wink: :wink: :wink:

I like to keep a certain level of mystery in the equation... hehe, In all honesty it's because my other computer is down right now. I've already swapped out power supplies, motherboard, CPU, and Ram, the only thing left is a hard drive. Shouldn't take me more than a couple of more days to get it up... Doh, now that sounds really bad! LOL!

By the way, you're gonna love it here... Southern California has the best of all worlds. We can lay out on the beach year round, dive year round or take a 90 minute drive and play in the snow. Mexico is a 20 minute drive too!

By the way... what are you going to be wearing while we're washing your towel? hehe, sorry I just couldn't help myself... LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom