Another tragedy in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pawn shops here in Florida are full of pawned dive gear, so anyone can buy dive gear without a card. I know people who dive regularly and aren't certified. One guy I know uses his sons card to obtain refills. After finding out he wasn't certified, I quit diving with him. Wonder how many people dive without certification?

IMHO if somebody is cheating and has a problem ... his/her fault.

But I still care for the people that lost their loved one.
Death is a stupid thing. (I believe humans were created to live). Be it a son/daughter or a parent, nobody should have to bury anybody. ;-(

I know ... it is no more than a dream ... but dreams are about the only thing for which we pay no tax!

Armando, Just curious as to who you were representing at Dema... Since you say you are a new diver, from Portugal, I'm assuming you were with a manufacturer or resort. Am I close?

You are right Mario.
As my magazine is only coming out TODAY I had to go with a man rep in order to enter.
Next year I hope to go as press.
:)

Mario: Another reason to create a Forum called "Accident and injury stories" ...

Originally posted by got4boyz
This is so incredibly shocking and sad. It is good to hear these stories though, so that we all remember to recognize the dangers and dive smart!

DevilTron,

I totally agree with you. having a thread on this subject would be interesting. :mission:

Back
Top Bottom