Any Beach Dives in LA area???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil:
Dazedone, would you make it on sunday instead of saturday?
I might be able on Sat, but I don't know yet.
Did you dive on malibu before?
Do you plan 1 or 2 dives?

Thanks

Can't do sunday. I have a very limited window to dive due to family obligations this weekend. I would be limited to 1 dive.

Scubaboard & DiveVets.com are 2 places to find groups planning local dives. Divevets is mostly people who belong to DiveNSurf's dive club, but everyone is welcome. Its a new site in a state of constant developement/improvements.

If you want to dive tomorrow, a bunch are meeting in front of Dive N Surf's store at 7am and car pooling to La Jolla for one dive. I'll be leaving earlier with a group so we can get 2 tanks in.

There is a scheduled night dive the first Wednesday of each month from Veterans Park in Redondo. More dives are happening each week, but that one is a given. You can watch the DiveVets.com site for times/places. Monday we will be going to Magala Cove. The time is not set, but it will probably be around 7-8am.

Other than that, anytime you want to dive, post to Scubaboard and someone will answer your call. I live nearby in Hermosa Beach and have a flexible schedule.

Roland

divebrasil:
Hi,
It had been a while I didn't go beach diving. But last weekend I went to San Diego and it was really good.
I live in the LA area (Playa del Rey) and want to start diving more often around here. Eighter beach or boat diving. Beach is just cheaper, so it's good.
Do you know any group, club or anybody that I can join for some dives?
I have 70+ logged dives, PADI OWD, AOWD and Wreck specialty certifications.
Please let me know.
Thanks a lot

Ana,
How was the Crescent Bay dive? I went to Laguna last night but we did Divers' Cove instead my vote for Crescent Bay, but it was still pretty fun.

Hey, if anybody out there is up for diving this morning somewhere around LA County- either Leo Carillo or someplace at Leo Carillo, let me know, I really want to go.
Possibly even a kayak dive?
Somebody call me at 310-963-8961!

Thanks!
-Jason

Jason,

I did not do the Crescent Bay dive this weekend. I actually went to Corona Del Mar and the waves were HUGE...so I came home with a full tank =( I did however enjoy a wonderful picnic thanks to Stacy. Thanks again. I was also able to snorkel in the 8 ft waves ...i think i even saw a fish......

The last time I went to Crecent Bay we did dead mans and it was so beautiful. I would love to dive there again. There is a lot of life if your willing to make the long swim out there to see it.

I just saw your message today so I assume its to late to reply for your dive for the other day. But when you do another dive out here on the side of the hill post it and I will try to make it.

Ana

Well, that's a shame you couldn't dive there. Crescent Bay was the best dive I've had out of like the last six months- I was blown away by it!
I did do a couple dives this weekend- one at Big Rock, Malibu (really great wildlife) and Divers' Cove in Laguna (which was nice, too), then kayaked around Malaga Cove to Flat Rock on PV... wish I could have dove there!

Back
Top Bottom